Ski property for sale in Praz Sur Arly, France
SKI PROPERTY FOR SALE IN PRAZ-SUR-ARLY, FRANCE
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-2 of 2 )
Praz-Sur-Arly is a pretty little skiing resort in a commune in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in South Eastern France. This small skiing resort is ideal for families, beginners and intermediates to skiing. Property for sale in Praz-Sur-Arly is sought after by investors and holiday home buyers, rental potential is a key factor. Praz-Sur-Arly is within striking distance of the more prominent skiing areas of the Mount Blanc region which has 35 kms of pistes and at least 26 trails. There is 146 km of Nordic cross-country trails and every week there is a 1 hour introduction lesson for adults. It’s a wonderful alternative to the larger resorts of Megève and Chamonix. The terrain and small village atmosphere is perfect for families and people new to the slopes. No wonder Praz-Sur-Arly properties are in demand.
The area is 22.64 km2 (8.74 sq miles) with a population of just over 1,300 inhabitants. An idyllic setting nestled at the foot of Mont Blanc situated between Beaufortain and Aravis mountain ranges. It’s around 1 hour from Chambery and Geneva and 2 hours from Lyon. Therefore the closest airport is Geneva at 70 km away and then Chambery at 80 km. Transfers to Praz-Sur-Arly are made very easy by shuttle or taxi. The short transfer makes it a great destination for a holiday home it won’t take long to reach your Praz-Sur-Arly property. It’s an ideal transfer distance as it’s not too long for the younger members of the family.
This popular family resort is a little gem. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy from sledding, dog sledding, hot air balloon rides, paragliding, horse carriage rides, snowshoeing, mountain and high mountain guided tours, yooner rides which are a cross between skibob and sled. Climbing spots are also available in Praz-Sur-Arly, found around the foot of Mont Blanc. Children are well catered for here, there is Opoualand which is a playful education area especially dedicated for children. The slope is jam packed full of activities from slalom, skill games with lots of opportunities to having fun whilst exploring the mysteries of the mountain. In June 2011 Praz-Sur-Arly was awarded the coveted label of “Famille Plus” it’s absolutely perfect for families. Why buy the perfect property in Praz-Sur-Arly? Question is why wouldn’t you?
There are village markets and local shopping where you can buy all your daily provisions. Megève is close by where there is a larger selection of shops and local farms are nearby too. Après ski is varied with plenty of restaurants, tea rooms and bars. Nightlife is low key with this being mainly a family resort. Traditional local foods and international cuisine is available. Everyone is catered for from delicious cheeses local to the area to fresh crusty bread and mouth watering stews. Eating at home? Then visit the local markets to stock up on your favourites. Lots of socialising is at home so children are included, it’s another reason why property is Praz-Sur-Arly is so popular.
What are you waiting for? Come and view our fantastic property for sale in Praz-Sur- Arly at this lovely ski resort with Skiingproperty.com we are ready to aid and assist you to find your dream holiday home, an apartment or chalet in this family orientated resort.
Facts about Praz sur Arly
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 22.64 km²
Latitude / Longitude 45.8378° N, 6.5718° E
Population (approx) 1,350
Elevation 980–2,282 m (3,215–7,487 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Mid Dec – mid April
Information about Praz sur Arly
• Praz sur Arly is a commune in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in the south-eastern French Alpes.
• Praz sur Arly is part of the Espace Diamant ski area which offers 60km of pistes.
• Praz sur Arly is a hidden gem of a ski resort at the foot of the Mount Blanc massif region. It is situated between the Beaufortain and Aravis Mountain ranges.
• Praz sur Arly is a small resort however it’s close to an area of larger ski resorts in the Mont Blanc ski area.
• Praz sur Aryls verticle drop is 2,800m and with ski lifts as high as 2,070m, snow cover is usually reliable.
• Praz sur Arly has been awarded the “Famille Plus” meaning it’s an ideal destination for children.
• Praz sur Arly is not only a winter destination the summer is packed with activities too.
• Praz sur Arly offers 25 pistes, including 3 (9km) of green slopes, 10 (30km) of blue slopes, 5 (15km) of red slopes and 2 (6km) of black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Praz sur Arly offers good snowboarding; which includes a snow park.
• Praz sur Arly has 12 lifts and there is 60km of downhill runs and 25km of cross country runs.
• Praz sur Arly ski lift capacity of 12 is able to uplift 10,700 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Praz sur Arly is part of the Espace Diamant ski area has a total of 226 ski runs.
• Praz sur Arly is part of the Espace Diamant ski area has access to 185km of downhill skiing served by 136 ski lifts.
• Praz sur Arly lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in a range of resorts including, Crest Voland, Cohennoz, Flumet, Les Saisies and Notre Dame de Bellecombe.
• Praz sur Arly is part of the Espace Diamant ski area has access to 49 green slopes, 91 blue runs, 70 red runs and 16 black advanced/expert runs.
• Praz sur Arly has a population of around 1,350 full time residents.
• Praz sur Arly is good for beginners, ok for intermediates and expert/advanced skiers and good for snowboarding.
• Praz sur Arly can make natural snow, with its 5 snow cannons covering an area of 1km.
• Praz sur Aryls other amenities include hot air balloon rides, paragliding, horse carriage rides, mountain guided tours, sledding, dog sledding, snowshoeing and yooner rides (cross between sledge and skibob). There are indoor and outdoor swimming pools, mini golf plus a variety of facilities ideal for families.
• Praz sur Aryls Après ski is family orientated, there are lots of tea rooms, bars and restaurants and nightlife is low key, it’s a relaxing resort for those who want laid back entertainment.
• Praz sur Arly closest airports are Geneva 57km and Chambery 58km away minutes away from the centre of Praz sur Arly.
• Praz sur Arly can also be reached by flying in to Lyon Airport which is 2 hours away.
• Praz sur Arly at Christmas and New Year is full of fun and festive cheer as Santa makes his way into the village. There is plenty of entertainment laid on with fireworks and mulled wine is served to keep you warm and toasty.
• Praz sur Aryls ski in ski out properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges offer convenience to ski lifts and the village centre.
• Praz sur Arly properties for sale offers luxurious residences serving up beautiful village and mountain views with plenty of activites on offer in the resort and surrounding areas.