Increasingly we are seeing ski property sales on the rise, there are numerous factors that attribute to this, firstly who doesn’t want to wake up to stunning views of snow capped mountains and feel the crunch of crisp white snow underfoot? Even non-skiers adore the magnificent views that these popular ski resorts offer. Secondly, property for sale in Alpe d Huez delivers not only on amazing views but fabulous properties too. Investors began adding ski properties to their portfolio many years ago because they could foresee even then the rental potential and investment possibilities. Properties in Alpe d Huez offer a fabulous skiing base and excellent rental returns, now we are finding that holiday home buyers are no longer content with renting a ski apartment or ski chalet they want to own their own and rightly so! A common mistake is that ski resorts are only busy during winter months, this is absolutely not true, and the summer months are just as popular with a whole host of activities to keep even the sportiest people active. Yes, there are plenty of hotels and they are generally very good however if this is your passion and you love the exhilaration of skiing or just enjoy the great outdoor life then why not invest in Alpe d Huez property? There are stunning properties for sale in both France and Switzerland, we believe they offer not only amazing views but they also offer the ultimate in ski property and we have the very best just waiting for you. You can choose from ski in ski out property, ski apartments or ski chalets, to luxurious properties that literally cater to your every whim. Ideally, you will have the perfect holiday home and you can recoup some of your hard earned cash by renting your property out when you’re not using. Let your money work for you, you will soon find it’s the best investment you will probably ever make especially buying property in Alpe d Huez.
Popular Alpe d Huez or as the French pronounce it L’ Alpe d’ Huez is a mountain pasture found in the Central French Alps situated in the commune of Huez which is part of the department of Isère located in the region of Rhône – Alpes. It is the central resort of the Grandes Rousses massif over the Oisans and is 59 km (37 miles) from Grenoble. It links the very traditional mountain villages of Auris-en-Oisans, Villard Reculas, Ozen-Oisans, Vaujany and La Garde. Combined, the area covered is 10,000 hectares which have an impressive 250km of linked pistes over an altitude range of 2,200m. Pic Blanc which is the top station in the Alpe d Huez area is 3330m and offers fabulous breathtaking views of the majestic Alps including Meije, Mont Cervin and Mont Blanc. It is said that on a bright clear day a fifth of the whole of France can be seen from Pic Blanc. The terrain is ideal for all level of skiers, from beginners to intermediates and advanced all are catered for. Other activities available are a sports centre, where there is an outside heated swimming pool, climbing via a climbing wall, bobsleigh, ice driving, skating and a French cinema to name just a few.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Alpe d’Huez, France.
Alpe d Huez is also popular as a regular route in the Tour de France cycle race; it’s just another exciting event to be a spectator in. Alpe d Huez property for sale surely has to be a must on your wish list!
There is an Altiport in Alpe d Huez called the Alpe d Huez airport which mainly hosts to helicopters and interestingly there is a gourmet restaurant on the edge of the platform, therefore, fly in, dine in style and fly out again! Grenoble airport is what most foreign visitors use to get to Alpe d Huez, there are wonderfully reliable and efficient shuttle transfers available as well as private taxis or car hire. It won’t take too long to reach your holiday home in Alpe d Huez 105km from the airport. International flights are frequent and it’s another reason why Alpe d Huez properties are in demand, as it means easy visits to your holiday home all year round, extended holidays and weekend breaks to make the most of your holiday home.
Alpe d Huez real estate has never looked more attractive as Alpe d Huez is also known as “L’ile au Soleil” when translated means “Island of the sun” because the majority of the slopes face South, there is an average of 300 days of sunshine per year according to the National Meteorological office. Real estate in Alpe d Huez couldn’t be more perfect as this lovely village combines winter sport with summer sun not only are you getting a beautiful holiday home with wonderful vistas but an all round year package to enjoy and with excellent rental revenue should you wish to rent it out. There are some very good rental companies who can take care of that for you once you have invested in real estate in Alpe d Huez for sale
What else does this lovely village have to offer Après ski? There is the International Festival of comedy film of Alpe d Huez in January, concerts are held in both winter and summer months. There are numerous bars from sports bars where you can watch all the latest games, piano bars that have comfortable seating and offer a more chilled vibe, to more lively bars that offer everyone’s favourite, pool. There is abundance of restaurants and on the menu, you will find the usual Savoie dishes plus fondue and typical French cuisine. Good hearty foods, pizzas and crepes are all available. If you fancy partying all night then head for the centre of town where you can dance the night away to a DJ and live bands which make for a cracking atmosphere.
Real estate for sale in Alpe d Huez really is the ideal holiday home, come and see for yourself.
Facts about Alpe d’Huez
Telephone area code (+33)
Area size 14.16 km²
Latitude / Longitude 45.0909° N, 6.0648° E
Population (approx) 1,700
Region Isère in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Elevation 1,250 to 3,330 m (4,100 to 10,930 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Early December – late April
Information about Alpe d’Huez
• Alpe d’Huez is a ski resort in the department of Isère in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes located in the central French western Alps.
• Alpe d’Huez is part of the Grandes Rousses Massif ski domain and is one of the worlds top ski resorts.
• Alpe d’Huez currently has the fifth largest ski area in France with 250km of slopes and is just 59km from Grenoble.
• Alpe d’Huez two main centres, Huez 1500 and the larger resort of Alpe d’Huez 1860.
• Alpe d’Huez verticle drop is 2,200m and on a clear day you can see a fifth of France.
• Alpe d’Huez boasts one of the longest unbroken verticals in the world today.
• Alpe d’Huez, Grandes Rousses Massif ski domain has 304 individual pistes.
• Alpe d’Huez offers 114 pistes, including 42 (47km) green slopes, 37 (53km) of blue slopes, 39 (74km) of red slopes and 17 (66km) of black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Alpe d’Huez offers excellent snowboarding with schools teaching all levels, snow parks, slides and quarter pipes and has hosted the World Snowboard Cup.
• Alpe d’Huez has 85 lifts and there are 236km of downhill runs and 50km of cross country runs, with ski lifts as high as 3,330m.
• Alpe d’Huez ski lift capacity is 85 and is able to uplift 94,000 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Alpe d’Huez ski resort is at 1,860m, skiing or snow boarding back to the resort is possible.
• Alpe d’Huez, Grandes Rousses Massif ski domain has access to 389km of downhill skiing served by 150 ski lifts.
• Alpe d’Huez lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in a range of resorts including: Auris-en-Oisans, Oz-en-Oisans, Vaujany and Villard Reculas.
• Alpe d’Huez, Grandes Rousses Massif ski domain has access to 94 green slopes, 82 blue runs, 88 red runs and 40 black advanced/expert runs.
• Alpe d’Huez has a population of around 1,700 full time residents.
• Alpe d’Huez is very good for beginners and excellent for intermediates, expert and advanced skiers and snowboarding.
• Alpe d’Huez can make natural snow, with its 900 snow cannons covering an area of 62km.
• Alpe d’Huez other activities include , bobsleigh, ice driving and skating a climbing wall, cycling, heated outside pool, sports hall and a cinema. Alpe d’Huez is also a stage in the famous Tour de France.
• Alpe d’Huez Après ski is lively however there are plenty of family friendly bars and restaurants. After hours there is a choice of nightclubs if you fancy a boogie.
• Alpe d’Huez closest airport is Grenoble (104km) just 75 minutes away.
• Alpe d’Huez can also be reached by flying in to Chambery 130km away, Lyon 152 km or Geneva 211km away.
• Alpe d’Huez at Christmas and New Year is spectacular with its Christmas markets and concerts plus an ice rink. Listen to Christmas tales and watch the little ones excitement grow in anticipation of the big day.
• Alpe d’Huez has on offer highly desirable ski properties for sale including ski-in ski- out apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with amazing views of the area and some blocks of apartments have a communal pool.
• Alpe d’Huez property for sale offers high end real estate ski properties in a delightful location in one of the largest resorts in the French Alps.