Skiing property for sale in Les Arcs, France
SKI PROPERTY FOR SALE IN LES ARCS, FRANCE
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-4 of 4 )
The ski resort of Les Arcs is located in Savoie in the Tarentaise Valley town of Bourg-Saint-Maurice in France. It is part of the Paradiski system, which is a large group of connected ski resorts which includes the La Plagne area and has an impressive total of 425 km (264 miles) of pistes. There are five areas, Bourg-Saint-Maurice, Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 1950 and Arc 2000. The ski area consists of 106 runs, 54 lifts and 200 kilometres of descent. The highest peak in this wonderful ski resort is the Aiguille Rouge, translated it means the “Red Needle” here there is a 7 km long piste. Its easy to appreciate that Les Arcs reputation is for being one of the original French “mega resorts” We have some amazing ski property for sale in Les Arcs it’s a great investment, not to mention fantastic rental potential.
All of the areas have a large and varied network of ski able pistes. There are 237 runs in total that breaks down to the following: 136 easy runs, so ideal for novices. 66 runs for intermediate and 35 runs for the more experienced and seasoned skiers. There are also “nature” runs ideal for taking in the breathtaking views. The longest run is 10 km (6.2 miles) in 1992 in Arc 2000 the famous speed skiing course was used at the winter Olympics. It’s a staggering 2000 metres long and additional 700 metres is used for stopping! Why buy the perfect ski property in Les Arcs? Question is why wouldn’t you?
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Les Arcs, France
The closest airport to Les Arcs is Chambery Airport which is 134 km from the ski resort and transfer time to your holiday home is around 1 hour 50 minutes. Grenoble, Lyon and Geneva airports are also widely used to reach Les Arcs. The most popular transfers are via public buses. It won’t take too long for you and your friends to reach your Les Arcs properties.
Les Arcs benefits from being on the edge of the Vanoise National Park which is an area of stunning natural beauty and wildlife. It offers amazing panoramas of the surrounding mountains and on a clear day you can even see the magnificent Mont Blanc. During the summer, visitors are aplenty with activities such as swimming, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, horse riding and golfing, the list is endless. During the winter months again there is an array of ski activities such as snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, dog sledding, sledging, skidooing and sightseeing beautiful ice caves. Wouldn’t it be marvellous to be able to say “I own a property in Les Arcs?
What is available Après ski I hear you say? There are numerous restaurants offering mouth watering, simply delicious local and international cuisine. Families are well catered for as are groups and couples alike. Gourmet steaks, to fresh fish and cheese fondue are all on the menu. Bars, restaurants and nightclubs are dotted amongst the beautiful little towns and villages with Les Arcs 1950 being the prettiest chocolate box village; it’s a sight to behold. How exciting it will be, to find your dream holiday home with the sign “Property for sale in Les Arcs”
What are you waiting for? View our fantastic Les Arcs properties with Skiingproperty.com we are waiting!
Facts about Les Arcs
Area size 54.26 km²
Latitude / Longitude 45.5722° N, 6.8296° E
Population (approx) 7,300
Region Tarentaise Valley
Elevation 1,250 m (4,100 ft) – 3,250 m (10,660 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Mid December – late April
Information about Les Arcs
• Les Arcs is a ski resort in Savoie, in the Tarentaise Valley, town of Bourg-Saint-Maurice in France.
• Les Arcs is part of the Paradiski ski area which is one of the largest ski domains in the world.
• Les Arcs comprises of the villages of Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 1950 and Arc 2000.
• Les Arcs is on the edge of the Vanoise National Park which is an area of natural beauty and home to wildlife.
• Les Arcs verticle drop is 2,100 m (6,890 ft) it longest run is 10 km (6.2 miles).
• Les Arcs in the summer offers hiking, golf and biking, rafting and canyoning amongst others.
• Les Arcs ski area of Paradiski offers 425 km (264 miles) of runs.
• Les Arc offers 118 pistes, including 1 green slope, 56 blue slopes, 33 red slopes and 18 black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Les Arc has 77 lifts and there are 200km of downhill runs and 15km of cross country runs.
• Les Arcs ski lift capacity of 77 is able to uplift 86,000 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Les Arc is part of the Paradiski ski area has a total of 475 individual pistes.
• Les Arcs is part of the Paradiski ski area has access to 425km of downhill skiing with 153km of cross country all served by 141 ski lifts.
• Les Arcs lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in La Plagne and Peisey-Vallandry.
• Les Arcs combined with La Plagne has access to 171 lifts, 2 glaciers (at over 3000 metres), 2 snow parks and 100km of cross-country ski trails.
• Les Arcs is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 22 green slopes, 257 blue runs, 127 red runs and 69 black advanced/expert runs.
• Les Arcs has a population of around 7,300 full time residents.
• Les Arcs is very good for beginners and excellent for intermediates, experts, advanced skiers and for snowboarding.
• Les Arcs can make natural snow, with its 143 snow cannons covering an area of 22km.
• Les Arcs other sports include archery, trampo bungee, rock climbing, adventure course, fitness, tennis and a fantastic range of amenities offered by the sports centre for all ages.
• Les Arcs Après ski is relaxed at Arc 1600 and Arc 1950 and this is where the families prefer to spend their leisure time. Lively nightlife is found at Arc 1800 with a selection of night clubs, a more relaxed evening is found at Arc 2000 with great cocktail bars and live music.
• Les Arcs closest airport is Chambery Airport which is 134 km from the resort centre; it takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes transfer time.
• Les Arcs can also be reached by flying in to Geneva, Grenoble and Lyon Airports.
• Les Arcs at Christmas and New Year is a family affair with locals dressing in beautiful Victorian attire. There is an excited atmosphere as everyone waits for Santa to arrive and the day ends with a huge firework display.
• Les Arcs has functional and luxurious ski in ski out properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with panoramic views of Mount Blanc.
• Les Arcs property for sale offers prime location at the foot of the slopes and is close to the village centre.