Skiing property for sale in Morzine, France
Property for sale in Morzine
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-10 of 10 )
Ski property is the latest must buy for those wanting a holiday home during the winter and summer months and also for those wanting to make a superb investment. Morzine is not only a truly beautiful town serving up breathtaking views (it is tucked away in the French Alps) it is one of the largest. Plus, it’s classed as one of the worlds main ski centres. Property for sale in Morzine is highly sought after for many reasons, it has great shopping, a wide selection of bars and restaurants and a super range of activities apart from skiing and mainly it is popular because it’s a main ski resort in the vast Portes du Soleil skiing area. Properties in Morzine offer family friendly apartments close to the village centre and all amenities and within close proximity to the ski lifts.
These modern types of properties make an excellent investment package, not only do you get a beautiful apartment which you can use in the winter and summer months and lets not forget about Christmas and New Year you also can earn lucrative rental income. Skiing and snowboarding holidays are on the increase, more than ever families love these types of holidays and they are more than happy to rent a private apartment rather than stay in a hotel. By investing in Morzine property you are investing in a lifestyle that gives you holidays throughout the year, a rental income when not using yourself and lets be honest your family and friends will be envious of you. In 2015-2016 Morzine was voted as the most popular ski resort to be visited and its renown as being a bustling resort busy year in year out. Your property in Morzine investment will show great returns in this ever popular ski resort in the Portes du Soleil skiing area.
Ideally located, Morzine is nestled in the French Alps close to the border of Switzerland. The Col de la Joux Verte pass ascends from Morzine to the resort of Avoriaz which is a higher-altitude and it’s close to the Hauts-Forts Mountain. As Morzine is part of the sprawling Portes du Soleil skiing area it is linked by numerous cable cars and lifts. The Morzine area covers 44.1 km² and is a commune in the Haute-Savoie department and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of southeast France and Morzine property for sale couldn’t be better situated. The ski resort of Morzine is excellent for beginners and intermediate levels highlighting its popularity as the perfect family ski resort. It’s good for advanced/expert skiers and good for snowboarding too.
The ski area in Morzine offers 7 (11km) beginners runs, 23 (38km) easy trails, 26 (45km) intermediate runs and 8 (13km) trails for the advanced/expert level. There are 81 pistes in total with 107km of downhill runs and 95km of cross country. A total of 67 ski lifts are able to shift 256,000 skiers or snowboarders every hour. Morzine can also make its own snow with 322 snow cannons that can cover 130km. This is just the Morzine ski area, another reason as to why Morzine properties are excellent value for money and ideal for families.
For those skiers and snowboarders who want more thrills, variety and excitement we can add the runs and trails that are linked to the Portes du Soleil skiing area. This large ski area provides 31 beginner runs, 122 easy trails, 100 intermediate runs and 32 advanced/expert trails. The total number of pistes adds up to a staggering 285 with 400km of downhill runs and 243km of cross country which are all served by 196 lifts. This adds more pistes and maybe groups of friends will love this added skiing area with its range of intermediate and advanced/expert levels to test anyone’s muster. Morzine real estate offers beautiful apartments for anyone who wants to invest in a ski property and as already stated its great value in the summer months too.
The correct ski pass will allow you to ski or snowboard in the other resorts of the Portes du Soleil skiing area, here are a few, Avoriaz, Champéry, Châtel, La Chapelle d’Abondance, La Grande Terche, Les Crosets, Les Gets, Montriond, Morgins and Saint Jean d’Aulps. This wide range of ski resorts makes real estate in Morzine a very attractive option for buyers for all their holidays throughout the year. The nearest airport to Morzine is Geneva a 55 mile drive, taking around 1 hour 25 minutes to get there.
What else does Morzine have to offer? It’s a friendly resort rather than a flashy one and that’s why we say it’s superb for families. Nightlife is low key; however it has a great selection of bars and restaurants that cater for families and friends who prefer a more sedate and relaxed resort. That’s not to say there are no lively bars there are indeed, as well as a disco and a couple of nightclubs where groups of friends can hang out and strut their stuff. Other activities include night skiing, snowmobiling, ice hockey and bowling. During the summer months there are plenty of gentle trails, hiking and mountain biking where you can truly explore the mountains and the charming village of Morzine. This option of searching for real estate in Morzine for sale will bring you year round holidays for yourself and family and the option to rent your ski property out.
Christmas and New Year is very festive in Morzine and starts in the first week of December, there are Christmas markets, stalls and lots of family entertainment right through until after New Year. Real estate for sale in Morzine offers owners of theses delightful properties so much more than just a skiing base. There is summer fun to be had, winter sports and activities and spending Christmas in the comfort of your own home in a winter wonderland. Who wouldn’t want all that? The festive period is a time for families and what better way to spend it than in Morzine in the French Alps.
Facts about Morzine
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area 44.1 km²
Latitude / Longitude 46.1792° N, 6.7089° E
Population (approx) 3,000
Elevation 1,000mto 2,460m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late December – late April
Information about Morzine
• Morzine is a ski resort in the Haute-Savoie department and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of south-eastern France.
• Morzine is close to the Swiss border and is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area linked by lifts and cable cars and is one of the worlds largest ski resorts.
• Morzine is a picturesque alpine resort just 56 miles from Geneva Airport and 44 miles from Chamonix, Mont Blanc.
• Morzine’s first ski area links to the resort of Les Gets on the slopes of Mount Ranfolly which is between the two villages.
• Morzine’s, pass at the Col de la Joux Verte, climbs from Morzine to the higher-altitude resort of Avoriaz, close to the Hauts-Forts Mountain.
• Morzine is one of the most northerly ski resorts in the French Alps.
• Morzine’s verticle drop is 560m
• Morzine is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area and has access to 285 individual pistes.
• Morzine offers 81 pistes, including 7 (11km) green slopes, 23 (38km) of blue slopes, 26 (45km) of red slopes and 8 (13km) of black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Morzine has 67 lifts and there are 107km of downhill runs and 95km of cross country runs.
• Morzine ski lift capacity is 67 and is able to uplift 256,000 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Morzine has ski lifts as high as 2,460m which means snow cover is usually reliable.
• Morzine is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 400km of downhill, 243km of cross country and is served by 196 ski lifts.
• Morzine is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to a ski lift pass that allows you to ski or snowboard in the other Portes du Soleil ski resorts of Abondance, Avoriaz, Châtel, La Chapelle d’Abondance, La Grande Terche, Les Gets, Montriond and Saint Jean d’Aulps amongst others.
• Morzine is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 31 green slopes, 122 blue slopes, 100 red slopes and 32 black slopes for advanced/expert skiers.
• Morzine has a population of around 3,000 full time residents.
• Morzine is very good for beginners and intermediates, good for expert/ advanced skiers and good for snowboarding.
• Morzine can make natural snow, with its 322 snow cannons covering an area of 130km.
• Morzine’s other activities include night skiing, snowmobiling, ice hockey and bowling. During the summer months there are plenty of walking trails, hiking and mountain biking.
• Morzine’s Après ski is generally low key however it does cater for families and groups of friends with good bars and restaurants and a couple of nightclubs.
• Morzine’s closest airport is Geneva (55 miles) taking less than 90 minutes to reach Morzine.
• Morzine can also be reached by flying into Chambery Airport 83.2 miles away taking 1 hour and 40 minutes.
• Morzine at Christmas and New Year begins the first week of December with market stalls where you ca buy lots of goodies and Santa drops by too.
• Morzine’s ski properties for sale include ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges located close to the village and the ski lifts.
• Morzine’s property for sale offers luxurious properties in picturesque surroundings with a range of superb amenities.