Skiing property for sale in Combloux, France
SKI PROPERTY FOR SALE IN COMBLOUX, FRANCE
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-3 of 3 )
Combloux, located in South Eastern France is in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne- Rhône-Alpes region. This popular ski resort is a little gem in a mountain village in the French Alps. We have some wonderful property for sale in Combloux and its ideally located 4km (2.5 miles) from Megève and just 30km (19 miles) from Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. Chamonix as it’s more commonly known is one of the oldest ski resorts in France and the first Winter Olympics was held there in 1924. It really is a wonderful scenic village to own your own holiday home. Perfect for using the whole year round, it also offers excellent rental potential. It’s a great time to come and view our property for sale in Combloux, whatever it is you’re looking for? A chalet or ski apartments, we can help you.
The area of Combloux is 17.27 km2 (6.67 sq miles) which makes it a perfect little retreat. It is situated 980 metres above sea level. The closest airport to Combloux is Annecy-Haute-Savoie-Mont Blanc airport which is 41.6km (25.9 miles) from Combloux. However the easiest airport for foreign visitors will be Geneva Cointrin International Airport which is 55.6km (34.5 miles) approximately an hours drive away. This is an easy journey with shuttle transfers or private taxis to reach your holiday home destination. It’s no wonder that Combloux properties are in high demand.
Before it became a charming popular ski resort it was a traditional village, were farming was its main economy. Farming is still as important today to the local community. The boom of skiing resorts sees beautiful stone and wooden chalets and ski apartments dotted throughout the area. Permanent residents are just over 2000 and the village is becoming so popular with foreign investors, wanting to own their own property in Combloux. This stunning location is described as “le perle du Mont Blanc which translates to the “The pearl of Mont Blanc” Mont Blanc is a majestic sight in this pretty idyllic village. In winter of course Combloux is a skiing resort, and the skiing area is shared with La Giettaz, Megève, Les Contamines and Saint-Gervais. These magnificent skiing areas are known as part of the “Evasion Mont-Blanc” The total ski able pistes are an impressive 445km. If you’re a novice on the slopes, ski lessons are available as well as snowboarding and cross country skiing. There are numerous excursions within the area, a visit to the house of fairytales, paragliding or explore the gorges and canyons. Fabulous skiing properties are for sale right now.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Combloux, France.
Combloux is also a very popular summer destination too. It is an ideal destination for mountain biking and hiking, where one can take in the spectacular views. It also boasts the first ecological lake for swimming in France. Open during the summer months and heated by the sun. What an amazing place to own a property in Combloux.
Eating in Combloux is a delight as it is everywhere in France. Home to wonderful fresh breads and the most delicious cheeses, you won’t go hungry! Dine on Savoie cheeses, tartiflette, raclette and everyone’s favourite cheese fondue. Wash it all down with an array of classic wines. What are you waiting for? Come and view our fantastic Combloux properties with Skiingproperty.co.uk you wont be sorry!
Facts about Combloux
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area 17.27 km²
Latitude / Longitude 45.8969° N, 6.6413° E
Population (approx) 2,100
Elevation 1,100m to 1,850m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Mid December – early April
Information about Combloux
• Combloux is in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France.
• Combloux is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area giving panoramic views of Mont Blanc. Combloux is known as the “Pearl of Mont Blanc”.
• Combloux is a mountain village in the French Alps and is a well loved ski resort. It is located 4 km from Megève and 30 km from Chamonix-Mont-Blanc.
• Combloux ski area Les Portes du Mont Blanc has 100km of slopes between Haute-Savoie and Savoie, which connects 3 different resorts: Combloux, Megève and La Giettaz.
• Combloux is a picturesque village linked to St Gervais and is part of the vast Pays du Mont Blanc and the Chamonix Valley. The first Winter Olympics was held there in 1924.
• Combloux has a special snowtap for snowboarders, plus a snow park and designated zones for jumps.
• Combloux verticle drop is 750m.
• Combloux is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area and has access to 507 individual pistes.
• Combloux offers 35 pistes, including 12 green slopes, 17 blue slopes, 28 red slopes and 7 black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Combloux has 25 lifts and there are 62km of downhill runs and 6km of cross country runs.
• Combloux ski lift capacity is 25 and is able to uplift 22,500 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Combloux offers 360° panoramic and picturesque views of Mont Blanc.
• Combloux is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area has access to 952km of downhill and is served by 248 ski lifts.
• Combloux is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area and has access to a ski lift pass that allows you to ski or snowboard in the other Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski resorts of Argentière, Chamonix, Cordon, Le Tour, Les Contamines, Les Houches, Megève, Passy Plaine Joux and St Gervais Mont-Blanc.
• Combloux is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area and has access to 54 green slopes, 155 blue slopes, 206 red slopes and 66 black slopes for advanced/expert skiers.
• Combloux has a population of around 2,100 full time residents.
• Combloux is very good for beginners, good for intermediates and expert/ advanced skiers and very good for snowboarding.
• Combloux can make natural snow, with its 82 snow cannons covering an area of 10km.
• Combloux other activities include paragliding, walking, trekking, hiking, mountain biking and swimming in the first ecological lake in France, an ice rink and tobogganing.
• Combloux Après ski offers a family friendly atmosphere and a relaxed vibe with good bars and restaurants where you curl up in comfy armchairs by a roaring fire.
• Combloux closest airport is Annecy-Haute-Savoie-Mont Blanc Airport which is 41.6km (25.9 miles) away.
• Combloux can also be reached by flying in to Geneva Airport which is 55.6km (34.5 miles) about 1 hour away.
• Combloux at Christmas and New Year is made extra special with markets galore in the village with lots of festivities planned and Santa makes an appearance too.
• Combloux ski properties for sale include ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges located close to the village and all the superb amenities.
• Combloux property for sale offers luxuriously finished high spec properties offering panoramic mountain views in one of the prettiest villages in the Alps.