Skiing property for sale in Les Carroz, France
Ski property for sale in Les Carroz, France
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-3 of 3 )
Les Carroz is a ski resort located in the Alps; it’s a family-friendly resort and is part of the Grand Massif skiing area. Situated on a large sunny plateau 1140m above sea level this resort has a rich and varied skiing area suitable for all levels of skiing with a great snow park ideal for skiers and snowboarders alike who can film their skiing abilities to show their progress. Property for sale in Les Carroz is in idyllic surroundings, beautiful Savoyard chalets and apartments are set amongst a natural alpine backdrop. If you are looking for the dream traditional ski resort and want a holiday home or investment look at property in Les Carroz it is most definitely for you.
Les Carroz has good village nursery slopes ideal for beginners and intermediates will be challenged with some tricky narrow runs. The experts will be in their element with some super black runs to test their skiing ability. There are 25km of cross-country tracks and some are fairly challenging with 265km of marked ski runs which offers a huge choice for the avid skier and snowboarder. Panoramic views of the surrounding mountains are literally breathtaking and there are endless places to stop, look and take in the amazing views. Properties in Les Carroz afford a certain lifestyle which most of us aspire too.
This ski resort offers super family skiing and a good range of facilities and Les Carroz properties are in high demand both apartments and chalets offer a good budget range and families or groups of friends can spend extended holidays and weekend breaks here. Summers are busy too which means if you invest in property for sale in Les Carroz you can maximise the amount of time you spend there. Les Carroz properties are the ideal investment and have a healthy rental potential, why not rent your property out when you’re not using it yourself? Let your money work for you, rentals are on the increase as renting a property gives space, freedom of movement and privacy that a hotel room doesn’t!
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Les Carroz, France.
There is so much to do apart from skiing and snowboarding in the village and the ski area of Grand Massif, you can try your hand at mountaineering, dog sledging, air boarding, night-time tobogganing, skijoring, paragliding and hot-air ballooning. Children of all ages are looked after and are encouraged to try sledging, ice skating or to take a memorable ride on a dog sledge which is great fun. If you fancy a night in an igloo or yurt this wonderful and unique accommodation will excite both children and adults. If you want to experience an igloo but not stay overnight then check out the igloo restaurant, children’s igloo, Jacuzzi or the fabulous ice bar.
There is so much to do in Les Carroz the village is easily accessible and there is a plethora of bars, restaurants and cafes. Traditional Savoyard cuisine and French favourites are served alongside international dishes; nightlife is cosy and relaxed with wine bars and live music most nights, it’s not full-on clubs here it’s more for families and those wanting a quieter nightlife. You will be entertained by the many street shows, concerts, festivals and cultural activities that make the village come alive in the evenings. Les Carroz has something for everyone!
Facts about Les Carroz
Telephone area code (+33)
Latitude / Longitude 46.04446° N, 6.63085° E
Population (approx) 1,800
Region Upper Savoy
Elevation 1,140m – 2,500m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late December – late April
Information about Les Carroz
• Les Carroz is a ski resort located in the heart of the Upper Savoy region of the Northern Alps, between Geneva (40km) and Chamonix (55km) from Les Carroz.
• Les Carroz is part of the Grand Massif ski domain which is one of the largest in the Alps. It is popular with the locals who have been skiing there since 1936.
• Les Carroz is a traditional family resort and life is centred on the village square.
• Les Carroz is part of 5 ski resorts that are linked; the others are Flaine, Morillon, Samoëns and Sixt. They range from 700m to 2500m in altitude and Les Carroz is located at 1140m in altitude.
• Les Carroz verticle drop is 1360m.
• Les Carroz offers night skiing throughout the season.
• Les Carroz, Grand Massif ski domain has 351 individual pistes.
• Les Carroz offers 134 pistes, including 16 green slopes, 55 blue slopes, 49 red slopes and 15 black runs for the advanced/expert skier.
• Les Carroz has numerous ski schools teaching all ages and availability levels.
• Les Carroz has 80 ski lifts and there are 265km of downhill runs and 8km of cross country runs, with ski lifts as high as 2,500m.
• Les Carroz ski lift capacity is 80 and is able to uplift 74,500 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Les Carroz offers excellent snowboarding facilities with easy runs, a snow park and a half pipe.
• Les Carroz, Grand Massif ski domain has access to 265km of downhill skiing served by 78 ski lifts.
• Les Carroz lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in a range of resorts including: Flaine, Morillon, Samoëns and Sixt.
• Les Carroz, Grand Massif ski domain has access to 42 green slopes, 140 blue runs, 132 red runs and 37 black advanced/expert runs.
• Les Carroz has a population of around 1,800 full time residents.
• Les Carroz is very good for beginners and intermediates, good for expert and advanced skiers and excellent for snowboarding.
• Les Carroz can make natural snow, with its 63 snow cannons covering an area of 27km.
• Les Carroz other activities include, 30km of snowshoe trails,10km of footpaths and hiking paths, downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, paragliding and cycling.
• Les Carroz Après ski is relaxed with great bars and restaurants, there is a disco but if you want a lively night out head to nearby Flaine.
• Les Carroz closest airport is Geneva just 1 hour away.
• Les Carroz can also be reached by flying in to Chambery or Annecy Airports, both are only 90 minutes away.
• Les Carroz at Christmas and New Year is ideal for families with parties and the village comes to life as everyone celebrates with mulled wine and a spectacular firework display. Santa pops along for a visit too.
• Les Carroz ski properties for sale, include ski-in ski- out apartments (for convenience) ski chalets and ski lodges with delightful picturesque views.
• Les Carroz property for sale offers high quality finishes on ski properties in a lovely location in one of the most traditional settings with views of Mont Blanc.