Skiing property for sale in Samoens , France
Ski property for sale in Samoens, France
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-3 of 3 )
This utterly picturesque historic town is classed as on of the most beautiful towns in France; it holds the prestigious title of “Ville Fleurie” and the name Samonës translated means “the seven mountains” it refers to the peaks around the village and above this charming village on the mountainsides are nine small hamlets that are totally unchanged by time. This stunning village is not only a great ski resort but also a fabulous summer destination too. In the heart of the village, there is an impressive and well loved “large lime tree” known as a meeting place and this very famous landmark has been written about by authors, musicians and poets. When you buy property for sale in Samonës you are also buying into the history of this stunning village. Most unusual to find in the Alps (and it is the only one) is a botanic garden carved out of the south facing side of the mountain which overlooks the village, known as “La Jaysinia” it covers 3.7 hectares. There are over 5000 varieties of mountain flowers taken from all five continents, it’s an area known for peace and tranquility and its somewhere to walk and escape the stresses of everyday life, properties in Samonës are the perfect retreat. Walking along the south facing garden you pass waterfalls and fountains eventually reaching the ruins of Tornalta Castle, the panoramic views are indeed breathtaking, who wouldn’t want to invest in Samonës property? It would be an absolute dream to own property in Samonës
and it is ideal for everyone. The Samonës locals were once world-renowned for its stone masons and tours can be taken in the town both during the winter and summer months to view their workmanship. Samonës has been awarded the “Famille plus Montagne” label which makes it the perfect holiday destination for a family ski holiday and it has one of the largest beginner slopes in the Haute-Savoie and Samonës property for sale is much sought after. Investors have been buying Samonës properties for many years now and holiday home buyers are investing there too, not only a winter ski destination but summers are just as much a holiday resort too. This is good news for the investor and holiday home owner who choose to rent their Samonës real estate property out, it means healthy rental returns all year round making this a fantastic investment.
Samonës is a commune located in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in South-Eastern France and the town of Samonës is in the Vallée du Giffre or translated the Giffre Valley in the French Alps. As already mentioned the beginner slopes are ideal for children and this area is separated from the other sectors of the resort so it makes it extra safe for them and skiers with different levels of experience can ski on the same pistes without endangering the beginners. Another important note is the restaurant terraces overlook the pistes, which enables parents to relax whilst being able to see their children taking ski lessons. The resort really has taken into consideration numerous factors in the safety and well-being especially of children therefore real estate in Samonës is superb for families. There are five resorts that make up the Grand Massif, Samonës, Flaine, Les Carroz, Morillon and Sixt ensures that there is an array of high-quality skiing surrounding you with 265km of pistes throughout the domain. Intermediate and advanced skiers are well catered for too with plenty of excellent skiing pistes.
The closest airport is Geneva which is ideal especially for the foreign visitors to Samonës; it is only around 70km from Geneva airport which makes transfers quick and easy. Transfers can be arranged via shuttle bus, private car hire and taxi. This enables the holiday home buyer to take numerous visits throughout the year, extended holidays and weekend breaks aided by frequent flights and convenient transfers make real estate in Samonës for sale highly desirable.
There are many other activities apart from skiing in this beautiful resort the list is endless from dog sledding, snowshoeing, Nordic walking, ice climbing, snowmobiling, ski touring, valley Blanche, off- piste skiing, heliskiing, speed-riding, sledging, ice rink, diving under ice, indoor climbing, caving, hot air balloon, paragliding, bowling, a cinema, a leisure centre, a library. Also available for added convenience is a children’s centre, baby rooms, aesthetic centres, relaxing activities and the all important massage at the end of a busy day on the slopes. Let the dedicated team soothe and relax those muscles ready for the days ahead.
You can shop until you drop if you’re fond of fresh local produce you can find it all here from bakeries and butchers to rich chocolate cakes, fondants and marzipan shops and a lovely tea room to boot! Savoie delicatessen shops serving Parma ham, Haute Savoie sausage to Savoie cheeses, fondue and Beaufort amongst other favourites. To wash all this down visit the local specialist wine shop and indulge in Champagne and Bordeaux what more could you ask for? Once you own your own holiday home you have the choice of eating in or out and with all the lovely local shops you can dine in style.
Fabulous restaurants are on hand serving everything from traditional French regional cooking, brassieres, creperie, fast food, grill, pizzeria, themed restaurants, gastronomic and Mediterranean cuisine literally every taste is catered for. There are numerous bars with different themes from pub style to a classier aperitif bar to family friendly which is cosier and has a relaxed atmosphere. There are music events and concerts to Karaoke, traditional games played in the village square such as skittles are great fun for all the family.
This fabulous all year round resort is ideal for families, couples and friends it really is the perfect base to invest in and buying real estate for sale in Samonës gives you the opportunity to change your lifestyle and live the life you deserve, call us we are waiting to help you, you will not be disappointed!
Facts about Samoëns
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 97.29 km²
Latitude / Longitude 46.0840° N, 6.7282° E
Population (approx) 2,500
Elevation 710.65m – 2,500m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late December – late April
Information about Samoëns
• Samoëns is a ski resort in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in south-east France and it’s retained its traditional Savoyard charm.
• Samoëns is part of the huge and popular Grand Massif ski area and it’s considered to be one of the most beautiful ski resorts in the region.
• Samoëns Grand Massif skiing area is accessed through a base station at Vercland, 2km from the village.
• Samoëns is located in the Vallée du Giffre area in the French Alps.
• Samoëns verticle drop is 1760m.
• Samoëns is an ancient market town best know (apart from being a ski resort) as a farming town and its old tradition of stone masonry.
• Samoëns Grand Massif ski area offers 351 slopes.
• Samoëns offers 28 pistes, including 15 green slopes, 53 (118km) of blue slopes, 51 (107km) of red slopes and 14 (41km) of black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Samoëns is at 1,600m, making skiing or snowboarding back to the resort possible, ski lifts go up to 2,500m.
• Samoëns has 16 lifts and there are 266km of downhill runs and 90km of cross country runs.
• Samoëns ski lift capacity is 16 and is able to uplift 16,700 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Samoëns, Grand Massif area has 3 snow parks at Morillon, Samoëns and Flaine.
• Samoëns Grand Massif ski area has access to 265km of downhill skiing served by 78 ski lifts.
• Samoëns lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in a range of resorts including Flaine, Les Carroz and Morillion.
• Samoëns is part of the Grand Massif ski area, has access to 42 green slopes, 140 blue runs, 132 red runs and 37 black advanced/expert runs.
• Samoëns has a population of around 2,500 full time residents.
• Samoëns is good for beginners, ok for intermediates and experts/advanced skiers and excellent for snowboarding.
• Samoëns can make natural snow, with its 143 snow cannons covering an area of 35km.
• Samoëns other amenities include ice climbing, snowmobiling, paragliding, helicopter flights, Nordic walking and speed riding. If you are looking for wellness and fitness there is a range of services on offer.
• Samoëns Après ski is for people looking for low key entertainment. There is a good selection of bars and restaurants that offer a relaxed vibe rather than a party one.
• Samoëns closest airport is Geneva just 1 hour away, with year round flights.
• Samoëns can also be reached by flying in to Chambery 125km away, Grenoble 180km away or Lyon 200km away from the centre of Samoëns.
• Samoëns at Christmas and New Year is the highlight of the year as the town is turned in to a Christmas village. Santa arrives on his sleigh to the delight of the children and there is plenty of entertainment for all ages to enjoy.
• Samoëns offers high end properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with picturesque views of the surrounding areas.
• Samoëns property for sale offers highly sought after properties in a truly stunning location in one of the most beautiful areas in the French Alpes.