Lucky you! You’re in the enviable position of wanting to buy a ski home, you’re not alone, thousands have bought and you’re joining the club of the fastest growing property market. Investors began buying long ago; they saw ski property as a lucrative opportunity and started the trend of snapping these properties up. Stunning apartments and chalets are dotted throughout France and Switzerland in beautiful locations with amazing scenery. Who wouldn’t want real estate in Les Gets? It’s a fantastic place to start searching for a ski home in France and searching for a property for sale in Les Gets. Nestled in the depths of a tranquil green valley and presented with beautiful views of the many surrounding snow-clad hills is this skiing resort gem. Les Gets property for sale benefits from being positioned in a varied and popular Alpine resort which has so much to offer in terms of skiing, activities and location. The ski resort of Les Gets is a linked resort within the Portes du Soleil and in total there are 12 linked resorts which combined offers an impressive 266 pistes within reach, catering for all different skill levels, whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced skier. Investors and holidaymakers have flocked to buy properties in Les Gets as they know it’s a great resort to splash their cash in. Rental return potential is on the increase as more and more people enjoy the activities that ski resorts can offer them. It’s also worth noting that this lovely resort is also popular in the summer months with plenty of events and activities on offer. Les Gets property is big news and on every investor’s radar!
After you have chosen your resort you need to consider what type of property you want. Is it an apartment or something more traditional such as a chalet? You will find both are well laid out but obviously the chalet will be more spacious and luxurious. If you plan to rent your property out whilst your not using it you can expect healthy rental returns. It certainly makes sense that if you love skiing or just generally love the great outdoors that owning your own property gives you the freedom to take as many holidays and long weekend breaks as possible. There are plenty of great hotels but coming back into an inviting home with a roaring fire makes it extra special. The freedom to be able to have privacy and extra comfort is appealing to everyone. Many holidaymakers choose to rent an apartment or villa rather than stay in a hotel. That has got to be good news for owners. Real estate for sale in Les Gets enjoys sitting at an altitude of 1,172 metres in a great location as well as a lively yet family-friendly resort, there are plenty of activities to suit everyone. The total area of this ski resort is 29.98km2 (11.58 sq miles)
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Les Gets, France.
Your own purchase of Les Gets real estate will enable you to sample the numerous cultural events that the busy resort has to offer throughout the year, as well as enjoying the ever-popular traditional Savoy dishes in the well-established restaurants, bars and cafes, which can be found sprawling throughout this charming village. In the summer, street entertainment is popular and can include an abundance of children’s activities, street performers and even a traditional fair, so you can relive your childhood and have a twirl on the carousel. And it is no surprise that in a village so brimming with character that live music can be enjoyed from the centre stage during the busiest months, so don’t forget to pack your dancing shoes along with those skis! In the winter there is a traditional open-air ice rink in Les Gets, so you can take a break from skiing and show off your ice skating skills instead, or maybe just enjoy watching everyone else while you take a much-deserved break from the action and enjoy a yummy hot chocolate. A wonderful time to visit Les Gets is during the festive season; Christmas and New Year holidays at the ski resorts are very popular and absolutely ideal for families with children and youngsters. Often the ski resorts have extra activities going on at this time of year centred on the Christmas holidays and the villages are adorned with decorations and twinkling lights that add to the Christmas and New Year atmosphere. It’s a magical time of year so make great use of your ski property and you will make fantastic memories of the holiday season. If you choose to stay at home the rental potential over this period is very lucrative indeed.
With regards to infrastructure, real estate in Les Gets for sale is so well located that Geneva international airport is a mere hour away with Lyon airport only two hours away. So the dream of whizzing down the snow-covered slopes will be a reality sooner rather than later.
The skiing resort of Les Gets is well known for its numerous beginner and intermediate pistes and has a great number of chairlifts which feed from an area known as the bowl, from which a great number of runs are instantly accessible. Most notable is that the family-friendly resort of Les Gets has an area specifically dedicated to children who want to develop their skiing skills and enjoy child-friendly skiing lessons in a safe zone on the mountain, whilst participating in fun activities and games, making Les Gets properties even more ideal for families who love skiing and want to enjoy this lifestyle more frequently. Purchasing a property in Les Gets is not a hard decision, the hardest part is deciding what type of property you want, and from traditional chalets to spacious new builds available, the choice is amazing. Don’t delay; take the plunge and make Les Gets part of your property portfolio or dream ski home, you can make use of your holiday home all year round.
Facts about Les Gets
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 29.98 km²
Latitude / Longitude 46.1586° N, 6.6700° E
Population (approx) 1300
Elevation 900–1,820 m (2,950–5,970 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Mid November – mid April
Information about Les Gets
• Les Gets is a ski resort located in the Haute-Savoie region in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of south eastern France.
• Les Gets is close to Morzine and is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area.
• Les Gets first single-person chair lift was opened many years ago in 1938.
• Les Gets was once a farming village which has grown over the years and is now one of the top class ski resorts in the world.
• Les Gets verticle drop is 830m
• Les Gets is often described as unspoilt, pretty and charming, remaining true to its farming village past.
• Les Gets offers skiing on mainly forested slopes on both sides of the valley. The Mont Chéry Mountain is served by a chair or gondola and offers excellent terrain for all ability levels.
• Les Gets offers 65 slopes, including 4 green runs, 26 blue slopes, 29 red slopes and 9 black for the expert skier.
• Les Gets has 52 lifts and there is 110km of downhill runs and 17km of cross country runs.
• Les Gets ski lift capacity of 52 is able to uplift 66,015 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Les Gets is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area offering 285 runs for all abilities.
• Les Gets as part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 400km of downhill skiing with 285 individual pistes, served by 196 ski lifts and 243km of cross country.
• Les Gets lift ski pass will also allow you to ski in other areas of Portes du Soleil such as Abondance, Avoriaz, Châtel, La Chapelle d’Abondance, La Grande, Montriond, Morzine, Saint Jean d’Aulps, Champoussin, Champéry, Les Crosets, Morgins and Torgon.
• Les Gets as part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 31 green runs, 122 blue runs, 100 red runs and 32 black expert runs.
• Les Gets proudly holds the FamillePlus Accreditation title where the resort must meet certain criteria to be suitable for families.
• Les Gets has a population of around 1300 full time residents.
• Les Gets is good for beginners, excellent for intermediates and good for advanced skiers plus it’s excellent for snowboarding.
• Les Gets can make natural snow, with its 323 snow cannons on 22km of ski runs.
• Les Gets other amenities include a kids zone on the mountain, bowling alley, ice rink, kids tobogganing, a cinema, ski schools and childcare.
• Les Gets offers ski lessons; they are available for 3-4 year olds, 5-12 year olds and snowboarding lessons for 7-12 year olds.
• Les Gets is family orientated and the bars and restaurants reflect this. In the summer there are many activites with street entertainers and performers plus a fun fair. There is live music anytime of the year and here you can dance the night away in your favourite bar.
• Les Gets closest airport is Geneva International Airport which is just 1 hour away. Lyon Airport is a mere 2 hours drive.
• Les Gets at Christmas and New Year offers the best Christmas location with picture postcard worthy villages, that are dotted throughout this gorgeous area and Santa will be there too.
• Les Gets has delightful ski properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with beautiful landscapes and mountain views.
• Les Gets property for sale offers charming village views and is highly sought after especially with families.