Skiingproperty.com is proud to showcase their property for sale in Val d’Isère. This upmarket and exclusive ski resort is one of the most beautiful in France, nestled in a valley at the foot of the mountains. This village has retained its alpine traditions and its pure joy to stay there. No doubt that is the reason why real estate for sale in Val d’Isère is booming!
It’s a commune of the Tarentaise Valley in the Savoie department of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, located in South-eastern France. It is very close to the Vanoise National Park. It lies just 5 km (3 miles) from the border of Italy. The ski area of Val d’Isère and Tignes make up the Espace Killy which is named after the triple Olympic champion Jean-Claude Killy. Property for sale in Val d’Isère is hot!
This magnificent ski resort is bearer of the prestigious title of the “most beautiful ski area in the world” it is renowned for its stunning panoramic views and along with Tignes that forms the scenic area of Espace Killy. Everybody wants to own their own Val d’Isère property. Holiday home buyers and investors are snapping up fantastic apartments and chalets. How exciting to be able to say “I own a property in Val d’Isère. The excellent rental potential is also a huge bonus. Great returns are made on rentals in this very popular resort. So it has to be said why rent if you can buy? Recoup your investment month after month. Val d’Isère real estate is worth looking into. Beautiful chalet style properties are dotted around this picturesque exclusive ski resort. Within the Tarentaise Valley is the largest concentration of world class ski resorts in the world. Wonderful neighbouring areas are Paradiski, Les Arcs and La Plagne and Les Trois Valleés, Courchevel, Méribel, Val Thorens and many more. Real estate in Val d’Isère for sale is at the top of every buyer’s wish list.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Val D’Isere, France.
The area is 94.39 km2 (36.44 sq miles) it’s large and has a variety of activities to suit all moods. Population is small around 2000 inhabitants. The closest airport is Chambery-Savoie which is 144 km away. Geneva Cointrin international airport is probably the most convenient for foreign visitors which is 177 km away. There are great transfer links from shuttle bus, private minibus and taxis. It won’t take long to reach your Val d’Isère properties.
During the summer months the Pissaillas Glacier offers summer skiing as well as hiking, cycling and touring opportunities. Have you ever tried snow golfing? It’s available here as well as many other indoor and outdoor activities. Apart from offering some of the best skiing in the world during the winter months there is also snowboarding. Within Val d’Isère ski area there are over 300 km of marked piste runs and unlimited off piste skiing, this makes it an ideal location for skiers and snowboarders of all abilities to ski there. With its neighbour resort of Tignes, the Espace Killy ski area is dedicated to all aspects of skiing. The men’s downhill race was held at the Face de Bellevarde at the 1992 Winter Olympics, as well as other events including the men’s giant slalom and alpine skiing. This area also hosted the World Skiing Championships in 2009. It’s not difficult to see why properties in Val d’Isère are high in demand.
Après ski is as popular here as the days’ skiing is. The rich and famous holiday here so rubbing shoulders in one of the many trendy bars or nightclubs is a distinct possibility. Wonderful restaurants offering everything from a simple cheese fondue to the most sumptuous of meals is available. Local, rustic cuisine and international dishes are on offer. There are numerous bars from pub style with pool tables to chic bars offering the latest in cocktails. Sophisticated bars with comfy sofas were you can chill and relax, to lively bars with live music to dance the night away too. Throughout the year you will find a whole host of events going on from music, film and dance festivals to Christmas events and firework displays, there are just too many to list. A wonderful time to visit Val d’Isère is during the festive season, Christmas and New Year holidays at the ski resorts are very popular and absolutely ideal for families with children and adults and let’s be honest who doesn’t want to play in the snow and build a snowman or have fun with snowball fights? Often the ski resorts have extra activities going on at this time of year centred on the Christmas holidays and the villages are adorned with decorations and twinkling lights that add to the Christmas and New Year atmosphere. Santa can often be seen and the children especially will adore this time of year it’s the perfect setting for an idyllic Christmas. Let’s not forget the grown-ups and who doesn’t love a good party over the New Year? Groups of friends can get together and enjoy the festivities with one another whilst taking in some great skiing and snowboarding and enjoying the Après ski. It’s a magical time of year so make great use of your ski property and you will make fantastic memories of the holiday season. If you choose to stay at home the rental potential over this period is very lucrative indeed.
Val d’Isère is perfect for families’ couples and groups it caters for everyone’s needs. There are ski schools and clubs, magic shows, days at the farm, and wildlife walks to name just a few, were children are kept busy being entertained with a whole host of activities. Real estate in Val d’Isère is ideal for just about everyone and all budgets. Why wait? Come and find your perfect Val d’Isère property for sale it is an investment that you won’t regret and will give you the quality of life we all desire and deserve your lifestyle choice will be enhanced and you can use your perfect ski property throughout the year.
Facts about Val d’Isère
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 94.39 km2 (36.44 sq mi)
Latitude / Longitude 45.4480° N, 6.9802° E
Population (approx) 2000
Elevation 1,785–3,599 m (5,856–11,808 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late November – early May
Information about Val d’Isère
• Val d’Isère is a ski resort in the French Alps; it is located near to the Italian border which is just 5 km (3 miles) away.
• Val d’Isère is a commune of the Tarentaise Valley, in the Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in southeastern France.
• Val d’Isère is an exclusive ski resort and one of the more popular; it is the playground of the rich and stars from film and TV can often be seen here.
• Val d’Isère’s Col de l’Iseran mountain pass (2,764 metres (9,068 ft) is a popular cycle route in the summer. It is also the highest paved pass in the Alps and is part of the Graian Alps.
• Val d’Isère’s close neighbour is Tignes and its part of the Espace Killy ski area which is named after the triple Olympic champion Jean-Claude Killy.
• Val d’Isère in the Tarentaise Valley has many popular ski resort neighbours including Paradiski, Les Arcs, La Plagne and Les Trois Valleés plus Courchevel, Méribel and Val Thorens.
• Val d’Isère has a population of around 2000 full time residents.
• Val d’Isère’s area is 94.39 km2 (36.44 sq miles) which is a large ski area with a variety of activities other than skiing.
• Val d’Isère’s Pissaillas Glacier is above 3,488 metres and offers summer skiing plus hiking, cycling and touring opportunities.
• Val d’Isère’s closest airport is Chambery-Savoie which is 144 km away.
• Val d’Isère’s most convenient airport for foreign visitors is Geneva Cointrin International Airport which is 177 km away.
• Val d’Isère is often referred to as “the most beautiful ski area in the world” because of its breathtaking panoramic views.
• Val d’Isère hosted the Alpine World Ski Championships in 2009.
• Val d’Isère sits on the border of the Vanoise National Park which was created in 1963.
• Val d’Isère’s Tarentaise Valley has the largest concentration of world class ski resorts in the world.
• Val d’Isère has an impressive 300km of piste and 10,000 hectares of off-piste, two glaciers and a 1,900m vertical drop.
• Val d’Isère also has 87 lifts that can move around 130,000 skiers per hour.
• Val d’Isère has 7 different group levels of ski classes ranging from absolute beginners to advanced level.
• Val d’Isère has 22 beginner runs, 61 easy trails, 46 intermediate slopes and 25 black or expert runs. In total 154 runs.
• Val d’Isère has 150km (93 miles) of downhill runs and 44km (27 miles) of cross country runs.
• Val d’Isère is home to over 110 hotels and is favoured for rentals throughout the year.
• Val d’Isère hosts music, film and dance festivals throughout the season.
• Val d’Isère’s Après Ski is noted for its trendy bars, fine dining restaurants including Michelin starred and its many nightclubs.
• Val d’Isère is home to a range of luxury ski properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with picturesque vistas of the beautiful landscape.
• Val d’Isère property for sale is highly desirable for those wanting stunning mountain views offering a sophisticated lifestyle.