Ski property for sale in Megeve, France
SKI PROPERTY FOR SALE IN MEGEVE, FRANCE
Page 1 of 2 ( Viewing Properties 1-12 of 13 )
Megève is one of the prettiest and most upmarket ski resorts in France. It’s a commune in the Haute-Savoie-departments in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region situated in South-Eastern France. Its population is just over 4,000 residents. This stunning popular ski resort is well known due to its proximity to Mont-Blanc in the French Alps. The resort became a regular favourite of the rich and famous when the Rothschild family began to take their winter holidays there. Today it’s as popular as ever and known as one of the most desirable ski resorts in Europe. We have some amazing ski property for sale in Megève it’s a great investment, not to mention fantastic rental potential.
Megève Alpine skiing resort area is known as the “Domain Evasion Montblanc” This area comprises of Megève, Mont d’ Arbois, L’Alpette, Rochebrune and Côte 2000 with Saint-Gervais-les-Bains, Combloux, La Giettaz, Les Contamines-Montjoie and Saint-Nicolas-de-Véroce. The “Evasion Mont-blanc” range covers around 445 km of the ski slopes. On an area of 8 km² there are 116 lifts providing access to 217 slopes totalling 445 km. In addition this area boasts 18 cross-country-skiing trails that totals 95 km (59 miles) why buy the perfect ski property in Megève? The question is why wouldn’t you?
The area of Megève is 44.11 km2 (17.03 sq miles) not a small resort by any means, which will cater to your every need. The closest airport is Geneva International Airport which is 90 km (56 miles) away from the centre of Megève. The transfer time is just over 1 hour. Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport in Lyon is also another popular choice just 119 km (74 miles) away.
Transfers are easy with regular shuttle transfers or private taxis to reach your holiday home destination. It’s no wonder that Megève properties are in high demand.
Megève is a member of the “Best of the Alps” ski resorts. It’s a traditional Savoyard town and a very picturesque medieval village, with its charming narrow cobbled streets and as you would expect exclusive boutiques. It’s also a popular summer destination and is especially known for its golfing. The “Snow Golf Cup” is a unique golf tournament which takes place on the snow at Megève Mont d’ Arbois plateau. The Megève Polo Masters is an international polo tournament played on the snow. Night skiing is available in February as well as a ski-cross slope, an open air ice-rink, snowshoeing and dog sledding. Such is the beauty of this resort; it’s appeared in several films therefore it’s easy to appreciate why Megève properties are so much demand.
Après ski in Megève is everything you would expect it to be. Restaurants, bars, jazz bars and trendy nightclubs, there is even a casino. Local rustic dishes are available as well as international cuisine. Why not try the Michelin stared restaurants; this is the place to mingle with the rich and famous. Eating in? Visit the weekly market were local produce can be found including fresh breads, tarts, cakes, honeys and jams. There are bakeries, patisseries and chocolatiers it’s perfect for your holiday home property in Megève.
What are you waiting for? Come and view our fantastic property for sale in Megève at this exclusive ski resort with Skiingproperty.com we will be delighted to introduce our range of apartments and chalets.
Facts about Megève
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 44.11 km² (17.03 sq miles)
Latitude / Longitude 45.8569° N, 6.6177° E
Population (approx) 4000
Elevation 1050m – 2353m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Early December – mid April
Information about Megève
• Megève is a ski resort located in the Haute-Savoie region in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of eastern France.
• Megève is a ski resort in the Alps in the Mont Blanc Massif ski area.
• Megève with its pedestrian centre and cobbled medieval streets and is one of the prettiest ski resorts in the Alps.
• Megève is well-known due to its location as a popular ski resort close to Mont-Blanc.
• Megève is one of the largest towns in France and by far offers more activites than any other ski resort.
• Megève verticle drop is 1236m
• Megève offers downhill runs, snow parks and cross-country trails, with links to La Giettaz which is a commune nearby.
• Megève summer trails lead to Mont d’Arbois which lies in the Beaufortain Massif range, at an altitude of 1833m above sea level.
• Megève offers 137 slopes, including 19 green runs, 28 blue slopes, 25 red slopes and 11 black for the expert skier.
• Megève has 79 lifts and there is 445km of downhill runs and 40km of cross country runs.
• Megève ski lift capacity of 79 is able to uplift 52,000 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Megève is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc in the French Alps, with 445km of pistes.
• Megève as part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc area has access to 952km (592 miles) of downhill skiing with 507 individual pistes, served by 248 ski lifts.
• Megève lift ski pass will also allow you to ski in other areas of Mont Blanc such as Chamonix, with the local area lift linked to St Gervais and Combloux. Plus the ski areas of Argentière, Cordon, Le Tour, Les Contamines, Les Houches and Passy Plaine Joux.
• Megève as part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc area has access to 54 green runs, 155 blue runs, 206 red runs and 66 black expert runs.
• Megève has a population of around 4,000 full time residents.
• Megève is excellent for beginners, good for intermediates and advanced skiers and excellent for snowboarding.
• Megève can make natural snow, with its 650 snow cannons to ensure snowy slopes.
• Megève other amenities include beauty farms, a bridge club, bowling, concerts, ice shows, a casino and heliskiing. Megève “Snow Golf Cup” is a unique golf tournament which takes place on the snow at Mont d’ Arbois plateau. The Megève Polo Masters is an international polo tournament played on the snow. Night skiing is available in February as well as a ski-cross slope, snowshoeing and dog sledding.
• Megève Après ski is everything you would expect it to be. Restaurants, bars, jazz bars and trendy nightclubs are in abundance. Why not try the Michelin starred restaurants they offer fine dining at its best.
• Megève closest airport is Geneva International Airport which is 90 km (56 miles) from the centre of Megève.
• Megève can also easily be reached by flying in to Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport just 119km (74 miles) away.
• Megève at Christmas and New Year offers festivals and markets where the whole village comes together to celebrate this special time of year. It was also named as best ski resort of 2013.
• Megève has beautiful mountain top ski properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with breathtaking landscape and mountain vistas.
• Megève property for sale is highly desirable, due to its wonderful location close to Mont Blanc and exciting activities on offer throughout the year.