Charming Chamonix is Located in the Haute-Savoie region in the east of France it’s close to the beautiful city of Geneva which is only a 75-minute transfer away which makes Chamonix a very popular destination for short trips and weekends away. Italy is only a 15 minute drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel and you can catch the train to Switzerland, Chamonix is an ideal location if you fancy visiting all three countries in one trip and this is one reason why property for sale in Chamonix is not only highly sought after it is now on everyone’s radar!
Chamonix or to give it its correct title Chamonix-Mont-Blanc is a very famous ski resort which is an idyllic winter wonderland located close to the junction of France, Switzerland and Italy. It is one of the oldest ski resorts in France with unbelievable picturesque views of mountain ranges and natural beauty and a wonderful selection of properties in Chamonix are dotted around the centre of this pretty village. Sat at the foot of Mont Blanc which is the highest summit in the Alps at 4810m there is year-round cable cars that take visitors to the nearby peaks of Aiguille du Midi and Pointe Helbronner on the Italian border. Avid skiers flock here year on year as do gliding and climbing enthusiasts and around 5 million tourists visit each and every season, the area is 245.5 km² of stunning vistas which again proves popular with everyone wanting Chamonix property and it has been a popular ski resort since the early 1900s.
Chamonix property for sale has a superb range of comfortable and practical apartments and stunning chalets which offer an excellent base to explore the surrounding area. These homes are ideal for skiers and snowboarders alike, who visit often and take advantage of all the facilities available. Property in Chamonix affords a luxurious lifestyle to owners and investors who wish to rent their properties out. The lucrative rental income from these properties makes the investors very happy indeed and we often see these investors buying more Chamonix properties to add to their property portfolios of Chamonix real estate.
Real estate in Chamonix makes for a great investment as this popular ski resort is a favourite amongst skiers and snowboarders and they all need somewhere to stay. The hotels there are good and offer a great service, however, after a day on the slopes many holidaymakers prefer to go back to somewhere more like home and rest and relax in comfortable surroundings before they head off for the evening. In general hotel rooms tend to be on the cramped side and ski equipment is bulky not giving much spare room. Ski apartments and chalets usually have drying rooms or rooms to put your ski equipment away; this is another reason why returning visitors to the slopes are looking to invest in real estate in Chamonix for sale.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Chamonix, France.
Chamonix offers slopes for all levels, each ski area having its own merit and with four mountains to choose from you will be spoilt for choice. It has 152km of piste ski runs but as it is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc area it has access to 952km of downhill skiing with 490 pistes served by 248 ski lifts. The ski area at Chamonix offers 12 black pistes over 34km, 25 red pistes over 70km, 27 blue pistes over 46km and 16 green pistes over 5km. There are 152km of downhill pistes with 43km of cross-country served by 49 ski lifts.
There is an amazing array of other activities during the summer and winter including, hiking, mountaineering, paragliding, mountain biking, climbing, trails, golf, swimming pool, ice rink, whitewater sport, tennis, paintball, laser games, sledding, helicopter sightseeing tour, nature reserves to watch the wildlife, waterfalls or take a raft down the river, adventure park, theme parks, ice climbing and fitness bodybuilding. There is also a 10 pin bowling alley, a three-screen cinema, a bridge club and a casino for your enjoyment.
Throughout the year there are music events including the jazz festival, sporting competitions, races and classic car tours. One of the new attractions is the “step into the void” which is a glass-sided box with stunning views of Mont Blanc and a 1000m drop under your feet. The streets are pedestrianised and have a wonderful selection of shops including sports, fashion, jewellery, bags, antiques, books and local produce shops for when you opt to eat at home.
Après ski in Chamonix is lively there is a wonderful mix of international visitors and the vibe is upbeat. There is a great choice of bars, cafes and restaurants, discos and nightclubs and you can party until dawn if you want to. Due to its influx of international visitors the choice of cuisine reflects this on their menus. Apart from traditional French favourites of fondue and raclette, you can opt for Indian, English and American, Scandinavian or Chinese delights as there is plenty of choice of restaurants not only in the valley but an excellent selection on the mountain offering superb views.
Nightlife is whatever you want from laid-back jazz nights, musical festivals or film nights to dancing the night away in a club or to live bands at trendy bars or enjoying the odd ski party or two.
Chamonix is a delightful ski resort suitable for families, couples and groups wanting fun in the snow and great nightlife it has something for everyone and that is why it has been a firm favourite for years. Real estate for sale in Chamonix is a prudent investment to make, ideal for families of skiers who can make the most of their holiday home whether it’s an apartment or chalet each has something to offer and most budgets are catered for. Groups of friends can invest together and rent the property out when not using themselves it makes their investment work well for them. If you are a frequent visitor to the slopes why rent when you can buy?
Facts about Chamonix
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 245 km2 (95 sq miles)
Latitude / Longitude 45.9237° N, 6.8694° E
Population (approx) 10,000
Elevation 1,040m, 412ft – 3,840m, 12.598ft
Opening and closing dates (usually) Early December – late April
Information about Chamonix
• Chamonix is a ski resort located in the Haute-Savoie region in the east of France.
• Chamonix or more formally known as Chamonix-Mont-Blanc is an exclusive ski resort located close to the junction of France, Switzerland and Italy.
• Chamonix is one of the oldest ski resorts in France with picture perfect views as it sites at the foot of Mount Blanc which is the highest summit in the Alps at 4810m.
• Chamonix is just a 75 minute drive away from Geneva and Italy is only a 15 minute drive through the Mont Blanc Tunnel and you can easily catch a train to Switzerland.
• Chamonix population is around 10,000 however during the winter season this can reach 100,000 easily.
• Chamonix verticle drop is 2,738m it also offers the world’s best lift served verticle drop.
• Chamonix has the longest run in the world called Vallée Blanche at 14 miles long.
• Chamonix has 80 slopes, 16 green runs, 27 blue slopes, 25 red slopes and 12 black for the advanced skier.
• Chamonix ski lifts are as high as 3,840m12.598ft which means assured skiing and snowboarding throughout the season.
• Chamonix has 49 lifts and there is 152km (94 miles) of downhill runs and 43km (27 miles) of cross country runs.
• Chamonix as part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc area has 152km (94 miles) of pistes.
• Chamonix as part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc area has access to 952km (592 miles) of downhill skiing with 507 individual pistes, served by 248 ski lifts.
• Chamonix lift ski pass will also allow you to ski in other areas of Mont Blanc such as Combloux, Les Contamines, Megève and St Gervais Mont-Blanc.
• Chamonix as part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc area has access to 54 green runs, 155 blue runs, 206 red runs and 66 black runs.
• Chamonix cable cars can take visitors to the nearby peaks of Aiguille du Midi and Pointe Helbronner on the Italian border.
• Chamonix has a population of around 10,000 full time residents.
• Chamonix is classed as good for beginners, excellent for intermediates and advanced skiers and excellent for snowboarding.
• Chamonix resort is at 1040m altitude with the lowest piste at 1040m, the highest lift at 3840m and the maximum verticle at 2738m.
• Chamonix new attraction is the “step into the void” which is a glass sided box with amazing views of Mont Blanc and a 1000m drop under your feet.
• Chamonix is busy both winter and summer with activities such as hiking, mountaineering, paragliding, mountain biking, climbing, trails, golf, swimming pool, ice rink, white water sport, tennis, paint ball, laser games, sledding, helicopter sightseeing tour, nature reserve, waterfalls, river rafting, theme parks, ice climbing and fitness. There is a 10 pin bowling alley, a three screen cinema, bridge club, slot machines and a casino.
• Chamonix closest airport is Geneva which is just 1 hour away. Lyon, Chambery and Grenoble are all less than a 2 hour drive.
• Chamonix has excellent designer shopping and wonderful Après ski bars and restaurants. Jazz evenings, film nights and music festivals plus nightclubs.
• Chamonix at Christmas and New Year begins mid December when the Christmas market opens. Beautiful wooden chalets open along the river at Place Balmat and a small Christmas village is formed offering craft stalls and mouth-watering food you can buy.
• Chamonix has excellent luxury ski properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with picturesque landscape and mountain views
• Chamonix property for sale is highly sought after, due to its wonderful location and outstanding activities on offer throughput the year.