Ski property for sale in Chatel, France
Ski property for sale in Chatel, French Alps : Chatel properties are flying and this is why, Chatel is a picturesque village located in the Haute-Savoie area in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region in south eastern France. Its in the stunning Northern French Alps in an enviable position on the French/Swiss border, it’s an extremely beautiful area most popular for its excellent skiing. Chatel has managed to retain its traditional alpine way of life considering it is a major ski resort. This extensive resort has something for everyone. Its ski runs are suitable for all levels of skiers and borders alike. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced on the slopes, all levels are catered for. The whole village is privy to the wonderful service of a free ski bus which means easy access to all the ski lifts. The total area of Chatel is 32.19km2 (12.43sq mi) Real estate in Chatel is much sought after and who wouldn’t want a beautiful holiday home here. Investors have ploughed money into real estate for sale in Chatel because they know a great investment when they see one. Rental returns are lucrative therefore this makes the investor and holiday home buyer very happy to say the least.
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-3 of 3 )
The resort of Chatel is situated between the magnificent Mont Blanc and stunning Lake Geneva and yet is just over one hour from the airport. It is part of the well renowned Portes du Soleil, a massive skiing area with over 650km of varied terrain which is spread over eight French and four Swiss resorts. It joins the twelve ski resorts and is one of the largest in the world because of this. There are in impressive 293 slopes just waiting for you. You will need to consider staying for quite some time just to ski them all, I’m sure that will not be a hardship for everyone! It gives virtually endless runs for skiers and boarders in this scenic location. It’s the best location for any avid skier and to be perfectly honest anyone who loves the outdoors. Chatel real estate is booming.
Just imagine for one minute how amazing it would be to be able to just step out of your own front door and be skiing down the slopes within seconds, with no need to drive or walk to another location first. Is that even possible I hear you say? It is indeed there’s no need to imagine as this is the reality of owning a property for sale in Chatel, which is known as one of the best ski-in ski-out resort locations that there is. There is an abundance of properties in Chatel taking advantage of such a convenient way to ski, it’s easy to see why this is fast becoming one of the most popular ski resorts in the Alps.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Chatel, France
Chatel is a traditional old French village resort teeming with character at every turn, it now benefits from a recent investment into improving its infrastructure, such as the introduction of the new chairlift to the Linga ski area, which opened in early 2015, enabling skiers to reach this area more easily, than was previously possible. And it is not just skiing for which Chatel is well known. The authentic farm buildings, barns and pastures found throughout this village are home to many cow herds during the summer months. Many delicious cheeses and other popular dairy products are produced for the locals and tourists alike to enjoy during their stay. It’s just another reason to take a look at real estate in Chatel for sale.
As with most ski resorts many people tend to think that these resorts are only open during the summer months. This is far from true, during the summer hiking, cycling and horse back riding is available. In Chatel in particular, mountain bike riding is very popular and the ski lifts are open during June and September for cyclists. Fancy trying something new? How about a go at Fantasticable? This is a zip line that is between two of the mountain peaks. Windsurfing and sailing is also a popular past time here and on nearby Lake Geneva why not try your hand at white water rafting, paragliding and kayaking. During the month of August there are fetes and carnivals with floats and live entertainment, it really isn’t to be missed. Simply taking a walk and marvelling at the majestic mountains is a great way to relax in the sunshine.
As to be expected from such a largely accessible and popular resort, there are many amenities on offer, of which an owner of a property in Chatel would enjoy. There are local bars, restaurants and an array of interesting shops selling everything you may need. The resort can also offer additional modern facilities such as a wellness centre for relaxation, where you can spend some time in the Jacuzzi, swimming pool, gym and sauna. If your muscles ache from a long day free styling down the pistes, a massage will get them ready for the same again tomorrow. Relaxation is essential after a sport filled day on the snowy slopes and, in such a traditional resort, these facilities have been carefully integrated to blend in and work in harmony with the tranquil surroundings, which can be in contrast to many of the larger and older purpose built ski resorts. Chatel can offer a vibrant base in a top notch setting to live and holiday both in the summer and winter time, and is great for couples, groups and families alike with all it has to offer. You can’t go wrong in this scenic village, it ticks all the boxes.
Chatel property for sale has many fabulous options, such as using for annual and short break family holidays, sharing with friends or making the most of rental returns. And whether you choose a Chatel property right in the heart of the village or set just outside for more privacy and peace, one thing for sure is that it will be your very own piece of paradise.
Facts about Châtel
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area size 32.19 km²
Latitude / Longitude 46.2674° N, 6.8412° E
Population (approx) 1500
Elevation 1,053–2,430 m (3,455–7,972 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late December – late April
Information about Châtel
• Châtel is an old Savoyard village in the Haute-Savoie region of France.
• Châtel is part of the large Portes du Soleil ski area.
• Châtel has easy links to Avoriaz and the Swiss resort of Torgon. It is a mere 154km (96 miles) to the Swiss border.
• Châtel has a cable car that runs from its centre to the piste at Super-Châtel.
• Châtel’s verticle drop is 3609ft.
• Châtel is a pretty and traditional alpine village with a host of amenities such as an aquatic centre and La Vieille Douane Museum, which tells the story of the history of smuggling in the Châtel region.
• Châtel’s Portes du Soleil ski area is without doubt the world’s largest lift-linked ski area offering 650km of piste.
• Châtel offers 49 pistes, including 11 green slopes, 18 blue slopes, 15 red slopes and 5 black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Châtel is superb for snowboarding; it has a fun park with a half pipe at its neighbour the Super Châtel resort.
• Châtel has 41 lifts and there are 85km of downhill runs and 49km of cross country runs.
• Châtel ski lift capacity of 41 and is able to uplift 41,630 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Châtel is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has a total of 285 ski runs.
• Châtel is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 400km of downhill skiing with 243km of cross country all served by 196 ski lifts.
• Châtel’s lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in a range of resorts including Abondance, Avoriaz, and Les Gets, Montriond and Morzine plus many others.
• Châtel is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area has access to 31 green slopes, 122 blue runs, 100 red runs and 32 black advanced/expert runs.
• Châtel has a population of around 1,500 full time residents.
• Châtel is very good for beginners, ok for intermediates and experts/advanced skiers and very good for snowboarding.
• Châtel can make natural snow, with its 237 snow cannons covering an area of 3km.
• Châtel’s other amenities include biking, summer hiking, mountain bike trails plus picturesque mountain views ideal for any photographer. Lake Vonnes is where fishing is popular, its just one kilometre from the village centre of Châtel.
• Châtel’s Après ski is quite lively with many bars staying open until 4amand live music is everywhere. If you prefer something more relaxing there is a bowling alley and a cinema.
• Châtel’s closest airport is Sion Airport (SIR) in Switzerland which is I hour from the centre of Châtel.
• Châtel can also be reached by flying in to Geneva Airport which is 90 minutes away.
• Châtel at Christmas and New Year is full of fun and festive cheer as Santa makes his way into the village. There is plenty of entertainment laid on with fireworks and mulled wine is served to keep you warm and toasty.
• Châtel has luxurious ski in ski out properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
• Châtel property for sale offers amazing village views and the convenience of being close to the Swiss border.