SKI PROPERTY FOR SALE IN LA CLUSAZ, FRANCE
Skiingproperty.com is proud to showcase their property for sale in La Clusaz. An old village which has been the host of winter sports since 1907. There is no doubt it’s not only a well established ski resort, but is known as one of the resorts that has so much to offer apart from skiing. There is an abundance of leisure activities available in this wonderful part of France. No wonder property in La Clusaz is so popular amongst investors and holiday home owners who want the perfect skiing pad. La Clusaz is located in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in South Eastern France. It’s an idyllic location in the Alps and near to the Swiss border.
La Clusaz is 32km (20 miles) to the East of Annecy which is in the Aravis Valley. It is part of the Aravis skiing area which it shares with the neighbouring resort of Le Grand Bornand to offer a total of 220 km (140 miles) of pistes. There are many different lakes close by to this ski resort, the most famous and beautiful is the Lac des Confines. Enjoy an exciting day the slopes, Après ski is a must, with a host of different activities were you can relax and unwind. Why wait? Come and find your perfect La Clusaz property.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in La Clusaz, France.
The area of La Clusaz is 40.62 km2 (15.68 sq miles) with a population of around 2000 full time residents. It’s the perfect retreat, small and intimate but with a whole host of fabulous activities. The closest airport to La Clusaz is the Annecy-Haute-Savoie-Mont Blanc Airport. Its 25.3km (15.7 miles) from La Clusaz. Foreign visitors will want to use the more convenient airport at Geneva Cointrin International Airport which is a mere 44.3km (27.5 miles) from La Clusaz. Transfers to the ski resort are short; it’s an easy journey with shuttle transfers or private taxis to reach your holiday home destination. It’s easy to see why La Clusaz properties are in high demand. Villages nearby include Thônes, Manigod, Saint-Jean-de-Sixt, Le Grand Bornand and the magnificent and popular Chamonix.
The winter season is the most popular for the tourists where skiing is the main event. La Clusaz is also well known for hosting the French paragliding competitions during the summer. In 2010 the Tour de France passed through the main part of the town.What an amazing place to own a property in La Clusaz. This area is as diverse as to what it can offer the home owner. Fancy an early morning horse ride before the start of the days skiing or, at the end of the day at sunset, taking in the breathtaking views. Sledging, hiking and snowshoeing are just a few extra activities that make your stay enjoyable. There are numerous activities for families including an aqua park, an ice rink, ice garden and cinema. Pamper yourself at the fitness and wellness spa, enjoy an evening at the casino, motor sports and even paintball is available. Shopping in La Clusaz is similar to other small alpine villages. Ski shops of course, and local shops specialising in local delicacies such as meats, pastries, cheeses and wines. There are numerous restaurants, bars and clubs; we really do have some wonderful property for sale in La Clusaz.
Facts about La Clusaz
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area Latitude / Longitude 45.9044° N, 6.4234° E
Population (approx) 2000
Elevation 1,100m – 2,600m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late December – late April
Information about La Clusaz
• La Clusaz is a commune in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France.
• La Clusaz is part of Annecy Mountain ski area which is an area of natural beauty and one of the most picturesque in France.
• La Clusaz’s skiing area covers over five mountain ranges – Beauregard, La Croix Fry-Manigod-Merdassier, L’Etale, L’Aiguille and Balme.
• La Clusaz’s skiing area links all five mountains by more than 50 lifts offering 125km of very good slopes.
• La Clusaz verticle drop is 1,500m.
• La Clusaz is part of Annecy Mountain ski area has 172 individual pistes.
• La Clusaz offers 83 pistes, including 27 (23km) green slopes, 28 (68km) of blue slopes, 23 (30km) of red slopes and 7 (11km) of black for the advanced/expert skier.
• La Clusaz has a tobogganing area that spans 120m.
• La Clusaz has 55 lifts and there are 132km of downhill runs and 70km of cross country runs.
• La Clusaz ski lift capacity is 55 and is able to uplift 53,000 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• La Clusaz is the largest station of the Aravis area with a traditional and charming village centre and is famous for its European Snowboarding centre.
• La Clusaz is part of Annecy Mountain ski area has access to 252km of downhill, 172 pistes and is served by 156 ski lifts.
• La Clusaz is part of Annecy Mountain ski areas ski Lift Pass allows you to ski or snowboard in the other Annecy ski resorts of La Sambuy / Seythenex, Le Grand Bornand, Manigod and Saint Jean de Sixt.
• La Clusaz is part of Annecy Mountain ski areas has access to 15km of green, blue, red and black runs, plus 46km of cross country terrain.
• La Clusaz has a population of around 2,000 full time residents.
• La Clusaz is very good for beginners, excellent for intermediates, very good for expert/ advanced skiers and very good for snowboarding.
• La Clusaz can make natural snow, with its 190 snow cannons covering an area of 2km.
• La Clusaz other activities include sledging, hiking, snowshoeing, horse riding, there is an ice rink, heated pool, crazy golf, cinema, sports centre, wellness and spa.
• La Clusaz is part of the Annecy ski area has views of Lake Annecy just 20 minutes way.
• La Clusaz Après ski is lively with bars serving up live music events, a good selection of restaurants and nightclubs are there if you want them.
• La Clusaz closest airport is Geneva just 1 hour away.
• La Clusaz can also be reached by flying in to Chambery and Grenoble both 90 minutes away.
• La Clusaz at Christmas and New Year hosts spectacular carnivals and festivals as markets adorn the village centre and there is of course a visit from Santa.
• La Clusaz ski properties for sale includes ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges ideally located close to the village square and all amenities.
• La Clusaz property for sale offers highly desirable luxurious properties in beautiful surroundings just a 1 hour drive from Geneva.