Ski Property for sale in Saint Gervais les Bains, France
Firstly it can be referred to as Saint Gervais Les Bains, St Gervais or St Gervais Mont Blanc. What can you say about this beautiful ski resort that hasn’t already being said before? Stunning picturesque views and a dramatic backdrop to your holiday home await you; property for sale in Saint Gervais Les Bains is most definitely high on every skier’s wish list. Actually, it’s also true to say that non-skiers yearn for their own properties in Saint Gervais Les Bains due its beautiful location and its popularity as a holiday destination. Known as a charming ski resort its ideal for families and beginners to intermediate skiers with long cruising rides and over 445km to take in the fabulous views it’s also famous for its thermal baths it’s just another advantage of owning your own Saint Gervais Les Bains property. By investing in your own either ski apartment or ski chalet it will give you tons more space than a hotel room will give you. Also important is freedom of movement and privacy, of course, is essential. Property in Saint Gervais Les Bains is not only in a fabulous location it’s also perfect for extended holidays and offers numerous long weekend breaks whenever you
choose to visit. It’s also ideal to let out to family and friends and when you’re not using it yourself and why not rent out to the thousands of holiday makers who visit Saint Gervais Les Bains year in year out, it makes sense to let your money work for you and you can recoup your funds with excellent rental returns during not only the winter season but the summer season too. There are plenty of activities on offer during both seasons it really is the ideal investment and Saint Gervais Les Bains property for sale allows you to change your lifestyle for the better! It is the third largest ski domain in France and lucky enough to be one of the most laid back and chilled resorts it is simply great for families and holiday makers looking for less hustle and bustle and more time to appreciate their surroundings taking in the spectacular views. Saint Gervais Les Bains properties are waiting for you!
The City of Saint Gervais Les Bains is a commune located in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in South Eastern France and is part of the Bonneville district. The wider commune encompasses several villages including the summit of Mont Blanc. The commune has a large variation in altitudes ranging from the village of Le Fayet at 570m; Saint Gervais Les Bains is a tad less than 900m in altitude and the summit of Mont Blanc at 4810m. This traditional alpine village is not just a ski resort it has a year-round population, not only seasonal and is full of historical buildings that add to the charm and character to this typically French ski village. Tourists here are multinational and arrive in their thousands for the array of winter activities on offer and for the great summer weather and summer activities too and that’s another reason why Saint Gervais Les Bains real estate is in such high demand.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Saint Gervais Les Bains, France.
The nearest airport for foreign visitors is Geneva which is only one hour away from Saint Gervais Les Bains so the transfer time is ideal especially for the youngest members of the family. Transfers are quick and efficient either by shuttle bus, private car hire or taxi, it won’t take long until your adventure begins in the crisp white snow.
The activities this marvellous ski resort offers are second to none available during the winter months are the following: ski, cross country skiing, paragliding, rafting, hot air balloon rides, ice skating rink, curling, winter touring, swimming pool, snow sledge, and thermal baths the activities are too numerous to mention.
The summer activities include mountain biking, climbing, hiking, paragliding, rafting, and the thermal spa is available year round, swimming pool, bungee jumping and rock climbing the list goes on, you won’t get bored with your real estate in Saint Gervais Les Bains it’s a super location and has plenty to keep the family occupied.
Saint Gervais Les Bains also holds the “Family plus” mountain label and there are a nursery and playgroup where children can take part in activities. Ski schools are also on offer for the little ones and it’s a great way to introduce them to the delights of skiing. Young children have entertainment such as dancing and singing and the older children can take part in physical activity, sport and games.
Après ski is varied in this family friendly resort; there is lots of choice of shops, local markets and supermarkets with delicious delights for evenings you opt to eat in at home. There are numerous restaurants, offering local French rustic cuisine including a creperie and Savoyard specialities, Mediterranean and brassiere options on offer and wood grilled meat and fresh fish plus international delights such as pizza to lite bites. There are a range of bars including quiet and cosy where you can kick off your shoes slump into a sofa and relax and unwind and just chill after a day on the slopes. If you fancy a cocktail or two there is an excellent cocktail bar, nightlife is not as hectic as some ski resorts it does cater more for the family, however, there is a disco in Saint Gervais Les Bains. Real estate for sale in Saint Gervais Les Bains is an ideal base to explore the French Alps with so many activities on offer throughout the whole year makes it an ideal investment. Although very popular part of its appeal is that it does not get very busy during the winter and summer season so it’s crowded, you can relax and take in the spectacular scenery at a relaxed pace and enjoy the natural surroundings. Real estate for sale in Saint Gervais Les Bains is not only a fabulous investment it’s a change of lifestyle you won’t regret!
Facts about Saint Gervais Les Bains
Telephone area code (+33) 479
Area 63.63 km²
Latitude / Longitude 45.8920° N, 6.7122° E
Populations (approx) 6000
Elevation 1,150m to 2,350m
Opening and closing dates (usually) Mid December – mid April
Information about Saint Gervais Les Bains
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is a commune in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains has been a popular ski resort due to its naturally beautiful surroundings since the beginning of the 1900s.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains dates back to Roman times and have seen tourists visiting regularly since 1806.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is linked to the resorts of Saint Nicolas and Megève and are the largest connected ski area within the Mont Blanc pass area.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is famously known for its thermal baths and treatments to aid dermatological conditions and ailments such as asthma and eczema.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains verticle drop is 950m.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area and has access to 507 individual pistes.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains offers 47 pistes, including 23 green slopes, 41 blue slopes, 54 red slopes and 17 black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains has 27 lifts and there are 65km of downhill runs and 40km of cross country runs.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains ski lift capacity is 27 and is able to uplift 24,000 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains has ski lifts as high as 2,350m which means snow cover is reliable as it’s the highest ski area in the Alps, plus there is a snow park on Mount Joux.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area and has access to 952km of downhill and is served by 248 ski lifts.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area has access to a ski lift pass that allows you to ski or snowboard in the other Ski Pass Mont Blanc areas of Argentière, Chamonix, Combloux, Cordon, Le Tour, Les Contamines, Les Houches, Megève and Passy Plaine Joux.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is part of the Ski Pass Mont Blanc ski area and has access to 54 green slopes, 155 blue slopes, 206 red slopes and 66 black slopes for advanced and expert skiers.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains has a population of around 6,000 full time residents.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains is very good for beginners, good intermediates and expert plus advanced skiers and very good for snowboarding.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains can make natural snow covering an area of 50km.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains other activities in the winter and summer include: cross country skiing, paragliding, rafting, hot air balloon rides, ice skating rink, curling, winter touring, swimming pool and snow sledging. Mountain biking, climbing, hiking, paragliding, rafting, swimming, bungee jumping and rock climbing.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains Après ski is generally family friendly however it does cater for groups of friends with good bars and cocktail bars, restaurants and nightlife.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains closest airport is Geneva 1 hour and 45 minutes way.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains/Le Fayet train station is a 10 minute drive to the Saint-Gervais-Bettex gondola lift.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains at Christmas and New Year means carol singing and festive market stalls, head to nearby Megève for a horse and cart ride in the majestic winter wonderland.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains ski properties for sale include ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges built to a high specification at the foot of the Bettex ski slope.
• Saint Gervais Les Bains property for sale offers deluxe properties in a great location in the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area.