Ski Property for sale in Tignes, Espace Killy, France.
Property for sale in Tignes is highly sought after because it is a high altitude ski resort in the French Alps close to the Italian border and is part of the Espace Killy ski area linked by a network of lifts. As Tignes is a high altitude ski resort it guarantees snowy slopes early at the beginning of the ski season, this makes it very lucrative for investors who wish to rent their properties out, they are much more attractive to book as there is less chance of being disappointed with no snow or very little snow.
It is in the Tarentaise Valley, Savoie department in the Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France and it is made up of five villages, Val Claret, Tignes le Lac, Le Lavachet, Tignes Les Boisses and Tignes-Les-Brévières, close by is the popular resort of Val d’Isère. The resorts of Tignes and Val d’Isère ski area, offering over 300km of pistes for all levels of skiers and is served by 78 lifts. The ski resorts are however very different; Tignes with its five villages has varying altitudes and was purpose built, whilst Val d’Isère is traditional and charming with its 17th-century church amongst its attractions making properties in Tignes desirable.
Tignes offers some of the best lift-accessed slopes in Europe as it is set on a picturesque mountain plateau. At 2,100m Val Claret is the easiest village to access the glacier and both Val Claret and Tignes Le Lac are the ideal villages to stay in if you want to be in the hub of restaurants, shops and bars, property in Tignes is on everyone’s wish list. Le Lavachet is a quieter village and at a slightly less altitude is linked to the lifts by a ski bus. At 1,800m further down the mountain, we find the village of Tignes Les Boisses otherwise known as Tignes 1,800 and at 1,550m is Tignes Les Brévières. These areas are well linked to the ski area with their own lifts, shops and restaurants but are a little secluded from the main hub higher up the mountain. Tignes property is a great investment and with Chambéry airport being only one hour and 40 minutes and Geneva is two hours and 45 minutes away it’s a great base.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Tignes, France.
After you have chosen to buy Tignes property for sale you need to consider what type of property you want. Is it an apartment or something more traditional such as a chalet? You will find both are well laid out and it goes without saying that the chalet will be more luxurious and offer a larger layout. That is generally why investors take the plunge and buy their own ski property as it gives privacy, more space and freedom of movement. If you plan to rent your property out whilst you’re not using it you can expect healthy rental returns. Holidaymakers choose to rent an apartment or villa rather than stay in a hotel that is good news for owners of Tignes properties. A great time to visit Tignes is during the festive season, Christmas and New Year holidays at the ski resorts are very popular and absolutely ideal for families with children and adults and let’s be honest who doesn’t want to play in the snow and build a snowman or have fun with snowball fights? The ski resorts have extra activities going on at this time of year centred on the Christmas holidays and the villages are adorned with decorations and twinkling lights that add to the Christmas and New Year atmosphere. Santa can often be seen and the children especially will adore this time of year it’s the perfect setting for an idyllic Christmas. Let’s not forget the grown-ups and who doesn’t love a good party over the New Year? Groups of friends can get together and enjoy the festivities with one another whilst taking in some great skiing and snowboarding and enjoying the Après ski. It’s a magical time of year so make great use of your ski property and you will make fantastic memories of the holiday season. If you choose to stay at home the rental potential over this period is very lucrative.
Other facilities and activities include a new lagoon centre with a swimming pool, a sports complex with a fitness centre, spinning and cardio training available. If it is bad weather, there is a multimedia centre providing the internet and video games or go to the bowling alley or relax at the cinema. If you are looking for adventure, try your hand at backcountry skiing and snowboarding with or without a helicopter, a range of heli-skiing, heliboarding, reverse heli-skiing or enjoy the views from helicopter scenic tours. Tignes real estate aids you to experience all the extra facilities throughout the year, enforcing the benefit of owning real estate in Tignes. There is a good range of shops everything you would expect to see in a ski resort, ski rental hire, clothing, and sports shops to supermarkets and delicatessens to jewellery and gift shops. There is everything you could possibly think of to satisfy your appetite with great lunchtime menus including sandwiches, pizzas, fries, burgers, kebabs and salads. Traditional Savoyard fare, creperie, gourmet ‘a la carte’ or Brassiere there are international favourites including grills and German specialities, Asian, seafood buffets and Tapas. Real estate in Tignes for sale is for people who love the vibrant lifestyle and all it has to offer relax and unwind at one of the many bars including cosy, comfy and friendly bar lounges to sports bars and live music bars to trendy wine and cocktail bars. If you don’t want the evening to stop there, you can throw some shapes at one of the many discos and nightclubs until the early hours. Tignes is all you could wish for and much more and with some amazing real estate for sale in Tignes, you could enhance and enrich your lifestyle for the better by making that all important perfect ski property choice.
Facts about Tignes
Telephone area code (+33)
Area size 81.63 km²
Latitude / Longitude 45.4683° N, 6.9056° E
Population (approx) 3,000
Region Tarentaise Valley
Elevation 1,440–3,747 m (4,724–12,293 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Late November – early May
Information about Tignes
• Tignes is a ski resort located in the Tarentaise Valley commune in the Savoie department of the Rhône-Alpes region of south eastern France.
• Tignes is a ski resort in the Espace Killy ski area. During the summer you can ski on the Grande Motte Glacier.
• Tignes has excellent transport links in and out of the Lyon, Geneva and Chambery regions.
• Tignes Espace Killy ski area is one of the best ski areas in Europe and some regard it as the very best due to its impressive 187 miles of trails.
• Tignes is directly linked to the ski resort of Val d’Isère by ski lifts.
• Tignes verticle drop is 1900m (6234ft).
• Tignes comprises of 4 villages, Tignes Le Lac, Tignes Les Boisses, Tignes Les Brévières and Tignes Val Claret.
• Tignes lowest lift height is at 1550m (4085 feet) ensuring snowy slopes.
• Tignes offers 154 slopes, including 22 (121km) of green runs, 61 (100km) of blue slopes, 46 (58km) of red slopes and 25 (21km) of black for the expert skier.
• Tignes has 87 lifts and there is 150km of downhill runs and 20km of cross country runs.
• Tignes ski lift capacity of 87 is able to uplift 75,500 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Tignes is part of the Espace Killy ski area with 154km of slopes.
• Tignes is part of the Espace Killy ski area has access to 300km of downhill skiing with 44km of cross country runs.
• Tignes lift ski pass will also allow you to ski in Val d’Isère.
• Tignes is part of the Espace Killy ski area has access to 21 green runs, 65 blue runs, 44 red runs and 24 black expert runs.
• Tignes has a population of around 3,000 full time residents.
• Tignes is good for beginners and excellent for intermediates, advanced skiers and snowboarding.
• Tignes can make natural snow, with its 216 snow cannons covering an area of 50km.
• Tignes other amenities include ski safaris, helicopter tours, slalom events, ski jumps and speed skiing. Snow boarding, trails, golf and bike parks plus a cinema and bowling alley.
• Tignes Après ski is vibrant with plenty of bars and restaurants and the odd disco if you don’t want the night to end and want to party into the early hours.
• Tignes closest airport is Chambéry Airport which is 1 hour and 40 minutes from the centre of Tignes.
• Tignes can also easily be reached by flying in to Geneva Airport which is 2 hours and 45 minutes away.
• Tignes at Christmas and New Year offers festivals, parades and markets where Santa makes an appearance and the atmosphere is electric.
• Tignes has a range of delightful ski properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with the advantage of ski-in ski -out property.
• Tignes property for sale is in a super location, just 15 minutes from ever popular Val d’Isère and allows skiing for 10 months of the year.