Skiing Chalets and apartments for sale in Flims Waldhaus, Switzerland.
Ski property for sale in Flims Waldhaus, Switzerland
Page 1 of 1 ( Viewing Properties 1-2 of 2 )
Charming Flims Waldhaus, Laax and Falera resorts combined make up one of the largest winter sports areas in Switzerland. This fabulous and very well connected region has an impressive 220km of pistes which cover an area of at least 100 square km; here you can be assured of snow covered slopes just waiting for you to discover and enjoy. It’s safe to say that investors and holiday home buyers interest in property for sale in Flims Waldhaus is on the increase. This naturally beautiful mountain landscaped resort still feels like a traditional Alpine village, it has remained unspoilt as the resort has been developed. The village retains its charm as traditional Swiss chalets line the main streets and new residences blend into the backdrop discreetly. The extremely upmarket resort of Klosters is nearby within an hours driving distance however you will get more for your money with properties in Flims Waldhaus making them an ideal investment for you. This wonderfully friendly and easy going ski resort is not very well known as yet to the Brits, most visitors tend to be from Zurich and Germany and of course the locals who love to spend the day in the mountains on the slopes. Flims Waldhaus is ideally located as its only 1.5 hours from Zurich and around 2.5 hours from Milan, it’s a great area to own a holiday home as this resort is not just a winter resort but a summer one too. Investors have been snapping up beautiful ski properties in Switzerland for many a year now, adding to their property portfolio with good investment properties that yield an excellent rental income. What we are now seeing is the holiday home buyer preferring to invest in a holiday property rather than stay in a hotel, there are numerous reasons for this. Firstly, a holiday home in an excellent area will give you not only great extended holidays and plenty of long weekend breaks, but it will also recoup some of the outgoings one makes when buying a property. Rental potential is lucrative especially in a skiing resort, so why not rent your property out when you’re not using it yourself? Secondly buying your own Flims Waldhaus property will give you much more space, freedom to come and go as you please without being bound to meal times for example and it will give you the privacy that everyone craves. Property in Flims Waldhaus will be much sought after.
Flims Waldhaus is a municipality in the Imboden region in the Swiss canton of Graubünden. The town of Flims is overlooked by the Flimserstein which is visible from almost every angle. Its altitude is a mere 1,100 m and it is linked to the Laax ski area which has around 180km of pistes over two valleys including the stunning Vorab glacier which is located at the top of the resort at 3000 metres. This wonderful ski resort is ideal for families and intermediate skiers especially, there are black runs but they are not very demanding; however, there is plenty of off-piste amongst the forest areas. Snowboarders love the area as the snow parks are considered world class and its home to one of the biggest half pipes in Europe thus ensuring plenty of snowboarders visiting during the season. There are over 230 km of mountain bike trails to discover and over 250 km of hiking trails to explore giving the most amazing panoramic vistas imaginable overlooking the Graubünden mountains. Who wouldn’t want to view Flims Waldhaus property for sale? It really is the perfect location to invest in, whether it is ski apartments or duplex residences Flims Waldhaus properties offer something for everyone.
Ski Chalets and apartments for sale in Flims Waldhaus, Switzerland.
Arriving at your holiday home couldn’t be easier with International flights to nearby Zurich only 90 minutes away, this is the ideal airport for foreign visitors to fly into. Regular flights make Flims Waldhaus real estate a great option for investing in. Transfers are quick and easy either by shuttle bus, private car hire or taxi service making you transfer a pleasurable one.
This resort is perfect all year round and the summer months offer just as many activities to keep you occupied all day long. Anyone for tennis? There is also badminton available and golfing; there are themed walking trails, mountain meadows to wander around in, and swimming in Caumasee which is a stunning blue water lake fed by a natural spring and beautiful moorland lakes, hiking, rock climbing, paragliding, mountain biking as well as rafting and canoeing. During the winter month’s activities include skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing and sledging there are also figure skating camps run by international skaters. Real estate in Flims Waldhaus really does offer great value for money and it makes sense to rent out your property when you’re not using it yourself, the returns are healthy as the season is year round. It’s not only skiers who visit Flims Waldhaus as the area is so lovely, people who love the outdoors and nature visit too, making real estate in Flims Waldhaus for sale an attractive option.
Après ski is varied in Flims Waldhaus if you want to dine at home there are plenty of shops from butchers, bakers, cheese and dairy markets to grocery shops with everything you could possibly need. You will be spoilt for choice in the variation in restaurants from cafes to intimate dining; there is gourmet cuisine anything from bison steaks to mountain traditional hearty foods. If you’re looking to relax, cuddle up next to a roaring fire, kick back and enjoy an array of Italian, Asian, Chinese and Mediterranean delights. There are trendy bars which can be lively and sometimes have live music so you can put on your dancing shoes. Cosy and comfortable bars are available to enjoy a glass of wine or a locally brewed beer; if a cocktail is your preference then you won’t be disappointed. Real estate for sale in Flims Waldhaus is just waiting for you, come and look yourself!
Facts about Flims Waldhaus
Telephone area code (+41) 81
Area size 50.5 km2 (19.5 sq mi)
Latitude / Longitude 46.8265° N, 9.2861° E
Population (approx) 3000
Region Graubünden, Switzerland
Elevation 1,081 m (3,547 ft)
Opening and closing dates (usually) Early December – late April
Information about Flims Waldhaus
• Flims Waldhaus is a ski resort located west of Chur, in the eastern Swiss canton of Graubünden and it dates back to 745AD.
• Flims Waldhaus is an exclusive ski resort and is the largest of three villages which share a joint ski area, Flims, Laax and Falera, known as LAAX.
• Flims Waldhaus is just 70 minutes away from Davos and 90 minutes from glitzy and glamorous St Moritz.
• Flims Waldhaus, LAAX ski area is also referred to as White Arena and its glacier is the Vorab Glacier.
• Flims Waldhaus, Flimserstein Plateau can be seen from anywhere in the district it stands at 2695m.
• Flims Waldhaus verticle drop is 1600m.
• Flims Waldhaus, LAAX skiing area has 70% of the slopes 2000m above sea level.
• Flims Waldhaus, LAAX is home to the world’s largest Superpipe which is used in extreme sports such as snowboarding, free style skiing and skateboarding.
• Flims Waldhaus offers 58 pistes, including 15 (75km) blue slopes, 12 (70km) red slopes and 5 (90km) black for the advanced/expert skier.
• Flims Waldhaus has 33 lifts and there are 235km of downhill runs and 54km of cross country runs.
• Flims Waldhaus ski lift capacity of 33 is able to uplift 42,410 skiers and snowboarders per hour.
• Flims Waldhaus is part of the LAAX – Falera ski area with 235km of ski runs.
• Flims Waldhaus is part of the LAAX – Falera ski area has access to 470km of downhill skiing with 103 individual runs, served by 63 ski lifts.
• Flims Waldhaus lift ski pass will also allow you to ski or snowboard in Laax and Falera
• Flims Waldhaus is part of the LAAX – Falera ski area has access to 45 blue runs, 40 red runs and 18 black advanced/expert runs.
• Flims Waldhaus has a population of around 3,000 full time residents.
• Flims Waldhaus is very good for beginners, excellent for intermediates, very good for advanced skiers and very good for snowboarding.
• Flims Waldhaus can make natural snow, with its 225 snow cannons covering an area of 25km.
• Flims Waldhaus other amenities include biking, hiking, mountain bike trails and lakes for swimming; it’s the perfect family resort.
• Flims Waldhaus Après ski is a sophisticated one with comfy and relaxing bars and the odd live music bar in full swing until the early hours. The restaurants offer a gourmet dining experience as well as family orientated restaurants.
• Flims Waldhaus closest airport is Zurich International Airport (ZRH) which is 90 minutes from the centre of Flims Waldhaus.
• Flims Waldhaus can also be reached by flying in to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) which is 2 hours 30 minutes away.
• Flims Waldhaus at Christmas and New Year serves up Christmas festive cheer and decorative markets, plus wonderful sleigh rides by horse and carriage in the majestic winter wonderland.
• Flims Waldhaus has luxurious ski properties for sale including ski apartments, ski chalets and ski lodges with beautiful landscapes and mountain views.
• Flims Waldhaus property for sale is indeed exclusive; here you can mingle with the elite in your own stunning ski property.